RUMCars Forum

General Category => Invalid Carriages & other related conveyances => Topic started by: Jon 90 on June 15, 2015, 06:30:08 PM

Title: Info Request
Post by: Jon 90 on June 15, 2015, 06:30:08 PM

 I am a new member so apologies for any incorrect proceedure.

I`ve had an Invacar Mk12 for about 3 years, it came from the same batch as the AC Acedes recently sold in Morecambe mentioned below. Its been in storage all this time but i`ll have to bring it home soon as I`m loosing the use of the garage.

It`s in a bit of a state with a collapsed chassis etc but it`s all there and the bodywok isn`t too bad. I`m quite keen to get stuck in but it has no number plate or V5. Can somebody please tell me HOW & IF it`s possible to get an ID for this car and get it back on the road. Many thanks
Title: Re: Info Request
Post by: richard on June 15, 2015, 07:10:51 PM
Well I would say that you wouldn't have a leg to stand on - but that's not big and it's not funny  ;D maybe try sending stuart cyphus a personal message - not sure if he checks in here nowadays , I am sure he would know what to do . I like these models but didn't win the ones I bid on , shame really but then again I do have a bit on already
Title: Re: Info Request
Post by: Big Al on June 15, 2015, 10:08:12 PM
If you have a chassis number it can get a plate. Touble is many have had the chassis plate removed to gain the scrappage bounty. Sadly I never worked out where this was stamped on the chassis, but I think like the Type 70 the front suspension head stock area locks favourite. Stuart holds a lot of records and a chassis number will put him warm on dating, though we can tell the model, A through to E, apart from fittings. So date is possible with proper pictorial evidence.

Anyway, you need to get hold of Stuart.
Title: Re: Info Request
Post by: Jon 90 on June 17, 2015, 08:52:07 PM
Many thanks, will search for ID plate and try Stuart.