Author Topic: RUMCAR NEWS 95 - Postage apologies  (Read 4447 times)

darrg

RUMCAR NEWS 95 - Postage apologies
« on: December 14, 2007, 11:07:49 AM »
Jean Hammond writes ...

"I have made the biggest blunder of the year!  It has come to light that all the GB magazines have been sent out with 24p stamps on instead of 60p.  I rushed into the Post Office on Saturday morning with my usual list and sample mag and just accepted the stamps they gave me without question paid my money and ran.  I was on duty at the Hospice Shop at 9am and it was now 9.15 due to the queue. When I got home I just picked up the batch of 143 stamps without looking at the price on them, stamped each mag and put them in the sack and posted them.

Why the Post Office only gave me 24p stamps I will never know (that was all they charged me for too incidentally)  but I should have checked, I should have noticed the cheque I wrote out was much lower than usual, it is my fault entirely.  The up-shot is that everyone is likely to be charged £1.36 and have to collect their magazine from the Post Office as did Tony Yorston who alerted me to the problem.  I sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience and please deduct any surcharge you have to pay, up to £1.36 from next year's susbscription fee.  Jean "
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:21:41 AM by darrg »

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: RUMCAR NEWS 95 - Postage apologies
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 12:44:52 PM »
Don't worry about it Jean.  At least you put stamps on the magazines.  I once managed to post a 'batch' of Christmas cards without putting the stamps on first.  I had some pre stamped but need to buy more from the post office.  In the confusion at the very busy post office I managed to post all the cards that had no stamps and stood in the long queue to buy stamps for the remainder held in my hand that all had stamps on them  ???. How stupid I looked as I waited for the postman to open the pillar box.
It

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 08:22:57 PM »
mine was delivered with a note on it saying payment due, but they did not ask for it...Happy Christmas from Royal Mail?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

steveredd

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 11:30:46 PM »
mine only had £1.16 owed...but I wouldn't worry about it.....just don't do it again  ;)
Growing up is Optioinal

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 08:03:03 AM »
Good news from Norfolk! I received a note through the door yesterday (20th) to say I had to collect a letter and pay £1.16 surcharge .However when i got to the mail collection office this morning there was a notice on the booth saying after 17 dec there was an amnesty on understamped mail and no charges would apply, The potie checked that the stamp was there ( if there had been no stamps at all then I would have been charged) and put cancelled through it and I didn't have to pay.
 Merry Xmas !
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

witney44

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 04:04:14 PM »
In this Season of Goodwill and time to renew our Rumcars membership, I wonder if anyone has taken Jean to her word and actually taken the £1.16/£1.36 off of their renewal fee? ???

Happy New Year. ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 10:38:31 PM »
Finally got mine today January 4th 2008. Usually there are a few articles that capture my attention , for it to push the right button for me it has to be about rare 1950's proper microcars, they also have to have style! Alas I flicked through this edition and found nothing to tickle my fancy, still as Abraham Lincoln said " you cant please all the people all of the time"! I thought the previous issue was a corker! Stuarts article about his epic drive is good but have already read it on the forum. I'm sure all those who had not already seen it must have been impressed, well done Stuart. Mind you I had to laugh at what you said Stuart about the photograph on the ICR page about the Invalid carriage stealing the show, the picture shown Messrs Shepperd, Snowden and myself starring at the rusting hulk of a conveyance but far from admiring it we were discussing if there were any parts worth salvaging that would keep our microcars going, we all concluded that the only thing worth having was the siba control black [or in this case rust coloured]  box, the rest would be skip fodder! Sorry but the camera does sometimes lie! I wonder who ended up with the forty year old brand new Gog's?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 09:02:42 PM by bobbybubble »

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:37:06 PM »
Do I get some sort of prize - my local sorting office finally told me to go and collect mine yesterday.  Only a month after posting!

Andrew