Author Topic: Burgfalke  (Read 3754 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Burgfalke
« on: December 09, 2007, 10:53:30 PM »
I see the Burgfalke in the usa made £7,680. I dont know if thats cheap or not?

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Burgfalke
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 11:48:19 PM »
Possibly a bit cheaper in germany if you able to find a car like this. Don't forget , time is going on, and prizes are raising up.
Seems you have to pay for what you want mates. We should keep what we have!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 04:25:11 AM »
for US money that is a lot.
 (well I think it is...)
and it did not meet Reserve.
I thought it might go to $10K USD or there-abouts.

very few people in the US know what the car is.  
For all intents and purposes it is a Victoria, it just has a Burgfalke badge, but it was one of two Burgfalkes that were originally exported to the US when new.

For everyone else it is an odd looking foreign convertible.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 09:56:37 AM »
I guess it makes Bruces one look quite cheap, if it were not for the shipping and import costs I would have bought it myself by now.Does anyone know what it cost to import a microcar from the usa all in?

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:11:58 AM »
Bob,
 I was interested in buying an Autobianchi Bianchina ( the coupe one similar to a vespa 400 ) from near Minnesota in the US, Ther shipping from New York sharing a container with other classics was only £400 ,however the cost to ship the car from Minnesota to NY was much greater than this, It was a couple of years ago though.
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 10:41:14 AM »
Don't forget , time is going on, and prizes are raising up.
Seems you have to pay for what you want mates. We should keep what we have!

Too true Ferdi!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 02:58:44 PM »
Does anyone know what it cost to import a microcar from the usa all in?

The actual container cost for shipping is about $1200 in a single 20ft container, but there are other freight forwarding costs of maybe $200 (Customs paperwork etc).
This is not for consolidated shipping, but for a single container with your car in it.
then there is the cost of having the vehicle picked up from wherever it is in a container and then brought to a port.
Transport prices are cheaper for vehicles located near the coasts (or any ports) and more expensive the deeper they are into the middle of the USA simply because of the cost of transport to a Port.  But you already found that out.   The costs have only gone up since you looked into it.
But then the dollar has gone down...so maybe it is a wash.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 08:31:04 PM »
I have been shipping my drums to and from America for several years and my experience is that whichever way the drums are going, East or West, the final price is always considerably higher than the quoted price. You even get large added costs when you pay an agreed "Door to Door" price and pay in advance! Shipping from USA has often given the longest delays and highest extras, so I now import by air, but this will be difficult for cars-even micros! I would say always check very carefully before doing a deal, and bank on large "extras" . Also Jim is quite right about inland-USA-to-port costs, this can be a lot more than across the Atlantic. It can all be done , people should be careful before deciding!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face