Author Topic: New BMW Isetta  (Read 2849 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
New BMW Isetta
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:51:14 AM »
I know its an old topic but I have just read the article in autoexpress. Why cant these thick journalists get there facts straight,. About the original isetta they say that it didnt have a reverse gear, we who that some chose to blank this off to conform to certain laws of the day but never the less thay all had reverse. The mag also said BMW are having to make the car bigger to accomodate a fourth wheel, we all know it was designed as a four wheeler in the first place and that the majority built were four wheelers. They also said it would have to have a much more powerfull engine because the old one would be incapable of keeping up with city traffic. Isnt 60mph fast enough? I suppose not for the average moronic modern BMW driver these days. That was a good rant, I feel much better now!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 10:57:47 AM by bobbybubble »

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: New BMW Isetta
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »
Hi Bob, plus if I'm not mistaken, it doesn't have a front opening door and it'll probably end up looking like a Ford Ka.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 11:14:18 AM by blob »

Smart51

• Chatty
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:22:54 AM »
The picture looked like a modern isetta in the same way that the new mini looks a bit like a mini, but newer and bigger.
Quite nice really.

If they do make it, it will only be to reduce the average CO2 emissions of BMWs to meet new EU regulations.  I imagine it will be a bit half arsed.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 08:43:57 PM »
I doubt we will ever see it in the flesh, it's probably just a concept/publicity stunt. But if BMW does develop it I would just like to know EXACTLY what size of engine any car needs today to keep up with "city speeds"....it does not need many horse power to achieve 2.5 mph!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 09:25:52 PM »
Yeh, I quite like the look of it but cant see it happening.