Author Topic: AC/Invacar Model 70 spares for sale!  (Read 5063 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
AC/Invacar Model 70 spares for sale!
« on: January 08, 2008, 05:01:57 PM »
Seeing the wanted post on the Forum for a Model 70 speedo cable, I rushed out to
the garage for a rummage through my spares box.  Sadly no speedo cable but I did
find the following:

Rear light clusters - one pair, new
Brake shoes, three pairs, new
Battery lead - red, new
Earth strap, new
Brake slave cylinders, three, new
Seat belt, used
Wing mirror, used
Wiper switch, used
Choke control & cable, used

These parts have been sitting in my garage for ages - since I sold my (unregistered) Model 70 to a member of the Reliant Owners' Club, wonder if it survives - and some will need a clean up but they're very useable.

For sale as one lot.  First to offer me £20 plus postage can have them.  They're quite heavy so postage could be the best part of a good bit!  I'll weigh them for a quote within the next few days and let you know - or you can collect from Dover, Kent, if you're passing.

Don't miss this bargain!

Regards
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Dan Rodd

Re: AC/Invacar Model 70 spares for sale!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 05:11:47 PM »
would have thought Stuart would want these to start a "spares scheme" ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 05:34:56 PM »
 I've already had to turn these parts down once, just before they were listed here. (Ta Nick  :-*). Not for any reason of not wanting them, but for a chronic lack of space at I.C.R HQ.  :'(   In an ideal world I'd have every single 218 known existing invalid carriages all housed safely in my own private museum where I could sit & stare at 'em all day long.  :)  All the known spares would be in the slightly smaller aircraft hanger next door.....

I've still not yet managed to locate your "ROC" Model 70 Nick, but one day.....
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 05:36:36 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 01:49:15 PM »
Hello Nick:  Are the taillights the early or later ones, or more specifically the rounded top ones, or the squarer ones as from the Robin.  I'm looking for the rounded top ones for though they may not be the correct ones for my Model 70, the rounded ones fit better and look much nicer.  Thanks, Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 06:22:03 PM »
Oh, you lucky man!  The tail lights are the rounded type.  Sorry, haven't been able
to find out postage costs, hope to get round to it tomorrow.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 04:25:24 PM »
Just to let you all know that the spares have been spoken
for and have found a good home.

Nick D.