Author Topic: Zeta Runabout  (Read 3473 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Zeta Runabout
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 09:03:02 PM »
Never seen one of these before, I was hoping to see a TG500 lump under the bonnet, it must have just been the sport that had this fitted.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:27:38 PM »
Right bobbybubble, only the Zeta Sport has fitted the TG engine. Two of these cars are in Germany.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 04:13:32 PM »
Yes, a friend of mine in France also owns a Zeta sport. He imported it from Australia some years ago, I was with him when he collected it from the shippers, we were particularly impressed with the tubular frame and how it has all brazed rather than welded together,I think this was done to prevent stress breaks which can happen with welds.

inacoma

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 07:27:08 PM »
And the engine is so compact for a 325 litre.

;D

inacoma

Re: Zeta Sport
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »
Pic of a Sport

AKA Friskyish.

John

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 11:01:51 PM »
   Today I met a man that I used to work with over 20 years ago - in his youth he worked for Frisky on the Isle of Sheppey he recounts a story that the Frisky Sprint - the one that did not go into production was at the back of the yard where they used to assemble the cars. when the assembly work moved down to sandwich they pushed the frisky sprint into the river flowing past the back of the workshops. He recounts that it was muddy and he says maybe it's still there!!!
   Anyone who wants a Frisky speedo - the same size as a scootacar one, but it runs anticlockwise - I have one.