Author Topic: Welsh invalid carriage gathering 19th-20th April 2008  (Read 19622 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Welsh invalid carriage gathering 19th-20th April 2008
« on: January 28, 2008, 03:24:16 PM »
(original post from months ago) 

WELSH HEARTLANDS VINTAGE FESTIVAL, BLACKWOOD, WALES, 19th-20th April 2008

I have just recived details of the above event direct from the organisers. They are asking me to concider making a second World Recold attempt on the most invalid carriages ever seen at once on the UK rallyfield as part of their festival. They are also appealing for additional entries for their National Hearse Gathering (Rember, I'm also a member of the Classic Hearse Register!) and "Made in Czech" gathering, both to be held within the overall festival. They mention lots of Tatras, Jawa & CZ bikes due to appere, but I don't think they've ever actully heard of a Velorex! Who round here owns any?......  Microcars of all sorts will also no doubt go down very well too......

Don't dismiss this event without a second thought. Take the trouble to look at their website. (www.welsh-transport-festival.co.uk) It sounds to me as if this do could be really something. It seems to have the potentual of another Amberly or East Anglian Rally to me.......

It all sounds good to me or I wouldn't have bothered posting the details.....

Further details from;

David Griffiths
59 Cardiff Road
Bargoed
Wales
CF81 8PA
info@welsh-transport-festival.co.uk

(second post from not so long ago)

Despite the resounding silence from the crowd, it has been decided that the I.C.R Roadshow WILL indeed be rolling into south Wales in April 2008.  Just to point out a detail that might be overlooked, this means that the SECOND WORLD RECOLD ATTEMPT for the most examples of these vehicles in the same place at the same time in modern times is ON !!!!

Take a look here for further details;

http://www.welsh-transport-festival.co.uk/invalidcarriages.htm

The list currently stands at seven, roughly a one-third increase already over the five that appered at Southwell in September 2006.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:31:09 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
Re: Welsh invalid carriage gathering 19th-20th April 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »
 If anyone is still intrested in bringing a vehicle for the invalid carriage gathering at the Welsh Transport Festival at Blackwood 19th-20th April, the booking forms are now up on their website at;

www.welsh-transport-festival.co.uk

and may be found in the general index at the left-hand side of the page.

It seems that the organisers are not sending out any paper forms, so it looks as if everyone has to book in via the internet, which seems an odd thing to me, as there are lots of folk around who don't have a computer. Oh well, sign of the times I supose.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 06:44:55 PM »
The count now stands at nine powered and three hand-propelled conveyances.  :o  Plus a wooden leg collection!   :o :o :o

Not only that, RUM member Ian Hellings (cuscus47 of this very forum) will be attending, all the way from Illinois, USA  :o :o and, yes, he's bringing a conveyance for the line!!!  :o :o :o   Just pause for thought a moment fellow owners, if Ian can get a conveyance there, why can't you........

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2008, 06:48:53 PM »
He must be BONKERS! Dont tell me, he has bolted it to a surf board and has attached a prop to the back and is coming under his own steam! Stuart, when we go to Retromobile I do hope you wont be filling up the car with wooden legs and alike!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 06:54:35 PM by bobbybubble »

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2008, 11:03:03 PM »
Stuart shall I attach my roof rack to my car for the trip - and how are you to get these items home - only joking!!!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 09:59:32 AM »
Just pulling your LEG!! Tee Hee! Couldnt resist that one Stuart, I will buy you a cappicino on the boat to compensate.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »
The count now stands at nine powered and three hand-propelled conveyances.  :o  Plus a wooden leg collection!   :o :o :o

Not only that, RUM member Ian Hellings (cuscus47 of this very forum) will be attending, all the way from Illinois, USA  :o :o and, yes, he's bringing a conveyance for the line!!!  :o :o :o   Just pause for thought a moment fellow owners, if Ian can get a conveyance there, why can't you........

Because i havent got one! :D

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Welsh invalid carriage gathering 19th-20th April 2008. bonkers!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 11:47:37 AM »
He must be BONKERS! Dont tell me, he has bolted it to a surf board and has attached a prop to the back and is coming under his own steam! .....!
The definition of 'Bonkers' then has to be " ...an IC nut who against all odds will do anything to forward the cause", or maybe  "...any person who appears different, feels different, acts different, and enjoys being different, collects things that are different, does different things, and then there are those who ARE different or who at least, want to be different. All inclusive."  Aren't we all, or hope we are?
I hate to burst your 'bubble', bobby......, but in this case I could tamper with the truth and give you some great endearing dialogue on the unique possibilities of transporting this carriage from the Moon and back, however the truth of the matter is that this vehicle is one that I took pity on being then unloved in its UK locale, with no other willing foster keeper, and have kept it specifically for this Welsh occasion, prior to shipping for restoration and a loved new home with its brothers and sisters across the pond. Or then maybe,  it being a real small dinky (sic) carriage that I'm just putting in my pocket prior to mounting my air-foiled surfboard bound for South Wales.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 02:26:07 PM »
Dear Mr Cuscus, [isn't that a Greek dish?] I hope you like our ancient vernacular, "Bonkers" is a great word that we associate with eccentrics that are loved by all and for which our small island is so famous. Each and every RUM forum member is proud to bare the title of Bonkers and to bestow the Bonkers title on a colonial is a rare and sober Honor that should be worn with pride! There now follows a short rendition of "Land of hope and glory"! Shame on you now old boy if you DON'T float one over to wales!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 10:38:15 PM by bobbybubble »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 03:15:37 PM »
 Booking list is now closed, and the event kicks off in only nine days time.   NINE conveyances  :o :o :o  are now due to turn out over the weekend, including no less than TWO  :o from Illinois, USA (guess who? 8)) and a late entry a few days ago from SWEDEN!!!!!  8)

BE THERE OR SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WISHING YOU HAD!   8)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 12:17:22 PM »
Looking forward to this event and I sincerely hope that many members will come, even if just to gawk and talk.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 06:12:07 PM »
WELSH CONVEYANCE GATHERING: LATEST BREAKING NEWS......

Well, with less than 72 hours to go, the latest news is that the USA & Swedish continiums have both landed safely in the UK. The movements of the USA fleet is currently somewhere in the vicinity of Wolverhampton & looks to be going well, whilst the Swedish party is unfortunatly currently stationary becuse some ****** stole the brand-new trailer last night whilst parked up in Edware!  :o

Elsewhere, entry passes have STILL not yet been posted to entrants. Current forecast predicts majour snarl-up on exhibiters gate over Friday night & Saturday Morning as a result of non-apperance of entry passes as over 500 show vehicles converge on Blackwood.

I.C.R due to depart for Wales 8am Friday morning. Weather forcast is permantly wet & windy. The setting of a NEW UK recold for high numbers of powered invalid vehicles in the same place is still well in the running.

Tony Marshall himself will be there on Sunday, with his Solocar. Will you?......... 

Jawmedead

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 06:36:19 PM »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 03:08:52 PM »
  WELSH CONVEYANCE GATHERING: LATEST BREAKING NEWS......

NEW UK CONVEYANCE ATTENDANCE RECOLD SET!

:o  ;D  :o  :D  ;D  :o  :)  ;D  :-*

Further details to follow shortly.....
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 03:12:04 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Dan Rodd

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 03:13:25 PM »
you mean record right?unless it was an attempt to give everyone the flu! ;D :D