Author Topic: New online micromag from our colonial cousins  (Read 4180 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
New online micromag from our colonial cousins
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:49:00 PM »
Take a look at the new Yank mag, interesting feature about the possibility of a new Trabant! Unfortunately most of it appears to be about cars of the size that we in Europe would consider as quite normal but never the less some microcars too!  This mag could soon be "Overpaid, over sexed and over e'er!"    http://minutia-microcarsminicars.blogspot.com/

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: New online micromag from our colonial cousins
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 11:48:56 PM »
is Jean actually a "Club Representative" for them?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:01:29 AM »
Not that I know of Jim. Is this not the original mag of the old club?

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 12:48:33 AM »
yeah that is the old club.
I was told they finally hired a guy to do the magazine after no one volunteered.

Why are they using Jean's name?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »
I know that the subsidence of the old club and emergence of the new is a very sore point with some over there, the word "hijacked" being used by some, I know nothing about it so I am staying right out of it. You will have to ask Jean. 

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »
I happen to know ALL about it.

But the old club was actually "hijacked" many years ago when it became something for the "Officers Only".
Any "Club" that would kick dues-paying members out of a meeting simply for showing up has a serious problem.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »
Hi Everybody, Yes I was a representative of the old Club as was Alan HItchcock and Steve Boyd. However, suddenly we no longer received magazines in 2005 when the editor of that time became ill and subsequently died.  Whilst I was down as a representative I never really did much except pass out a few fliers for the Club at English rallies.  When I emailed asking questions about cars that were on the Register and that had found their way to USA I rarely got an answer.  I was delighted when Jim embarked on the new Club and his excellent magazine and we exchange magazines, news and views.  The 'old' magazine officers have never been in contact with me direct but suddenly Tony received Minutia Vol.15 number 3 followed by Vol16 No.1.  in which Steve, Alan and I are still down as their representatives but I don't know what our duties are!  I do hope this will not affect our relationship with Jim and his Club Officers in any way, in a vast country like USA there must be room for two Microcar Clubs.  The more people that learn about microcars the better I say.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 06:09:52 PM »
I have to agree with you jean. Just think how many clubs and registers we have here on this tiny island. JIM, I hope I havnt put my foot in it, you have certainly been the most open and helpful microman state side that I have encountered and when I met up with Ken Weger last year he gave me a copy of your mag which I thought was most impressive. About officials running a club for there benifit only, I can relate to that, we have one of two like that over here!

inacoma

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »
Hi

The more magazines and info. etc. the better.

Microcar News is a very professional mag.

Lots of glossy pics and items of iterest, a lot of Isetta stuff, but if that is what is prelevant in the U.S.A. it is what you have to cater for in the mag. Nice to see the article about the Ferves Ranger, not a car I had ever heard of, clip from mag and the one Jim posted were great.

Looking forward to receipt of the DVD.

All the best, keep up the good work

John

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Isetta stuff
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 07:59:16 PM »
...a lot of Isetta stuff, but if that is what is prelevant in the U.S.A. it is what you have to cater for in the mag.

yes, the bulk of US Microcar enthusiasts have or are interested in Isettas (and Messerschmitts)
the automotive culture here is quite different than from across the pond.