Author Topic: Yet another mystery car!!  (Read 3562 times)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Yet another mystery car!!
« on: February 24, 2008, 12:32:01 AM »
Any guesses, no not guesses, but fact? Make, model, year, and country? How about even some specifications?  Go for it.  Ian.  Believe it or not it is over 30 years old.  ;D

AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: Yet another mystery car!!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 10:20:02 AM »
I think it's a La Poix "DING"  (which means THING in Holland ) It looks like it escaped from a Ferris wheel. Quite fun, but very slow. Circa 1974, poss electric. Do I get a prize?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

micronaut

• Occasional
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 10:37:47 AM »
It is a Lepoix Ding it first was shown at the Frankfurt Motor show in 1975. LePoix were based in Baden Baden Germany. Originally produced as a show folly top speed of 16 mph. Was due to be put into production in 1977 but for some unknown reason never reached production. Why not? I wonder.
I now the prize is Kak all but hey

inacoma

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 11:01:52 AM »
Hi

About 2 months ago on ebay .com there were 2 brochures for sale this one and also another model

Very odd

john

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: Yet another mystery car!! Solved.
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
You guys are remarkable. Now just the specs.  What the heck, here they are:-

Now as to the awarding of the prize.  Marcus, being the first to nearly answer the questions still needed the full specs.  Micronaut being the second to have an incomplete answer but closer than others. Inacoma being right on the money to find the info., but not stating it.  You all did so well and in such a short time and so I can only equitably distribute the prize to you all.  The prize is the knowlege that you really are remarkable with your vast repertiore of micro-car info. and that is why this forum works.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

inacoma

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 01:45:27 PM »
I think we all enjoy finding the unusual microcars so much.

This one stuck in everyones memory as it was so different.

Did you buy the brochures from Ebay then?

I was interested in bidding and thought it would be a good car to do on the mystery spot, but forgot to bid at the end.

All the best

John

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 02:13:19 PM »
I'm not that great on micros, it's just that that very pic is in "three wheelers"  by Chris Rees which I have
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 03:27:25 PM »

...., it's just that that very pic is in "three wheelers" by Chris Rees which I have
I think we all enjoy finding the unusual microcars so much. This one stuck in everyones memory as it was so different.

Actually, whether the knowledge is stored in your own brain or not, the ability to extract that data to find it elsewhere is the price (not prize - maybe) of wisdom.

Did you buy the brochures from Ebay then?

No, not then, but maybe I shouldn't say, but this one is up again.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2008, 07:03:20 PM »
Hello Mike:  Valiant attempt but you were only 75p short.  If you'd like a copy let me know.  Did you see the other brochure?  If not, maybe I will put it on MysteryCarAgain.  Ian.