Author Topic: Something for Stuart.  (Read 2932 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Something for Stuart.
« on: February 26, 2008, 10:13:44 PM »
Found these pics in my draw today, saw the cars at the National some years ago. Can you identify them for me. Incidently they were for sale and no one wanted them. Things would be different now!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:16:08 PM by bobbybubble »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Something for Stuart.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 10:14:54 PM »

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 05:56:09 PM »
That's my old Arola!  Nice to see it again, thanks!

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008, 10:26:58 PM »
Ah, now, was this the 2002 National at Quainton? The one where everyone moaned about the long grass? If so, I WAS THERE! My second National and due to be the first public apperance of my Harding Consort for 34 years but the tow tractor developed engine faults so it wasn't. How time flys. the '02 National was the first time I met Jean Hammond, Tony Marshall & Mike Shepherd. And also, as it later turned out, Steve Hurn, Nick Devonport & Grant Kearney as well. I spent most of the weekend trying despratly to find someone to talk to, and as I didn't know anyone back then, I spent half the time with David Hambleton, who'd I'd bought my first Model 70 from the previus year, until Jean took pity on me at the Saturday night do.....

The cars; I remember both of these on the line, but only really took notice of the Arola. (Who was it had the green 4-wheeled one Nick?) The Super Comtesse didn't interest me at all then. How things change in just a few years....  Talking of which, this afternoon (today) was spent starting to get my Mini-Comtesse ready for its next MoT..... 
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 11:39:16 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »
Correct Stuart. It was Quainton. This was the first outing for my freshly restored messerschmitt, it wasnt even registered then. I dont remember any long grass but I remember people commenting on the fact that the cars were all jumbled up and not in orderly rows by make. This didnt bother me at all, in fact I rather liked it that way! What did bother me was being kept awake at night by gaggles of geese flying over , noisy devils! Still cant blame Tony for that!