Author Topic: Heinkel Kabine parts wanted  (Read 12713 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Heinkel Kabine parts wanted
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 10:02:28 PM »
Its much the same reaction as when I'm in a messerschmitt or my wifes old Berekely, I'm afraid that most young people in my area are very rude and disrespectful, many leap out in the road infront of me thinking oddly that because its a small car it wont kill them when it hits them, I find the best thing to do is lean on the horn and head straight for them! Older people who remember microcars and far more respectful and I often have a chat at the petrol station or outside tesco's. As I say its much the same in a rare car like my old Noble except for that people get the identity wrong and say "cool heinkel" or in my first Inter it would be "Oh a messerschmitt my dad had one of those" ect ect. Unlike Marcus who sounds like a bit of an exibitionist if you dont mind me saying so old mate, I wish people would just ignore me when I'm on the road, its hard enough concentrating on driving a car like a schmitt without people acting like lunatics all around you. Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man! I do have a laugh with our milkman though, when he sees me coming down the road he always crouches beside his milkfloat and pretends to gun me out of the sky!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:58:46 AM by bobbybubble »

inacoma

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 10:16:15 PM »
Yes Bob you are a grumpy old man, but who cares.  ;D

Is the milkman using a real gun ?

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »
Well this is true John, its why I have no friends, Boo Hoo!!! Your still a novice John, give it a couple of years and they will have ground you down, if however you find that you still crave attention you could try wearing a fez whilst driving! Sorry Marcus , couldnt help myself!

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 04:44:38 PM »
My old Velorex (Grotbag)  got a lot of attention and dropped jaws from people who could not believe it was on the road because much of its "bodywork" was torn or completely missing. One biker asked if it was the car from the brilliant film "Mr Hulot's Holiday", but i told him that lovely Jalopy was probably a Salmson and had 4 wheels. What, never heard of " Les Vacances de Mr. Hulot"?????
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 05:36:33 PM »
I do indeed remember the silent film, saw it with my parents in the 60's. Here's some trivia about the film, I have mentioned before that I played guitar in a shadows tribute band and according to Hank marvin [the real one] He and Bruce Welch wrote the tune Foot tapper for the theme of what was to be Jacques Tati's next film but it was rejected so the shads released it as a single and the rest is history, all this will only make sense if you are a Shadows fan! Its a great film Marcus!

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 05:59:11 PM »
Your tales about the reactions of passers-by reminded me of the days way back in the very early '80's when the 'Sidcup Bubblers' used to travel to Burford in convoy through London, across Westminster Bridge, up the Euston road on to the A4 and Oxford and beyond.  Comments from bus queues as you waited for the traffic lights to change, Japanese tourists taking photographs on Westminster bridge, etc, etc.  However, the funniestcomment I remember was made on our way home from one such excursion. As usual we pulled into the first petrol station just outside Oxford to take on supplies for the long journey home.  There were about five cars altogether I think including a couple of  Heinkels, a Messerschmitt, an Isetta and a Goggomobil .  Edwin and I were filling up and the attendant pointed to the 'Scmitt and said whats that and we told him it was a Messerschmitt from Germany.  Just  then the Goggo pulled in - 'Cor that's a tiny car, is it a toy' says he.  'No, its Goggomobil from Dingofling' said Edwin.  'Oh yes' was the response 'and I'm Father Christmas!' and stomped off.  I don't think he believed us.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars