Author Topic: Heinkel Kabine UBY 684  (Read 7055 times)

inacoma

Heinkel Kabine UBY 684
« on: February 29, 2008, 05:51:41 PM »
Have sent details of my new Heinkel  ( UBY 684) to Jean to add onto the register.

It suprised me that it wasn't already on the list of known cars.

Any previous owners recognise it, or have any info. about it's previous life?

Cheers

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Heinkel Kabine UBY 684
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 10:09:17 PM »
Hi John. It proberbly wasnt registered with Rum cars because the unrare microcar makes all have there own registers with there respective clubs anyway. I say unrare in the loosest sence because they are all becoming rare now. Rum cars was set up to record the rare makes that were not already catered for by the other clubs . I think though that Jean is quite happy to register Heinkels, isettas and Messerschmitts these days, I have registered my schmitt anyway. 

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 11:02:37 AM »
I had a Trienkel UBY but without a pic I really would not remember if this is it.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 07:33:29 PM »
I have always welcomed any microcar on to the Register and still do. As Bob says in the early days I tried not to tread on the toes of any of the other 'one make' Clubs.  That said many people who had an Unusual Car (one without any other Club) on the Register asked if they could add alll their microcars and I was pleased to do so.  These days people don't seem to want to have their cars on the Register at all - I don't understand why.  There are lots of advantages to be had in doing so and we are rigorously careful in keeping all information confidential unless the current owner agrees to his details being made known.  We are not in the market to aid and abet the marketing of rare cars nust to assist as and when we can with help and  information. Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars