Author Topic: Another Mystery car  (Read 9168 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Another Mystery car
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2008, 09:20:17 AM »
Hi John. I guessed you ment the Eckythump one an Bayhard leap. The National rally is at a general motor museum, not bubble cars, in fact I dont think they have any microcars at all as I remember but its a great little museum never the less. I will proberbly take the inter to the north of Watford one. Its a difficult chioce because if i take the Inter I wont be able to take it on the run because its not registered yet..

inacoma

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »
Hi

It will be great to see you again either with the Inter, or whatever.

My friend who is restoring the KR200 has got to redo the hinge assembly as it wasn't fitted correctly and i think the hinge has to be let in or something, anyway it is improving now.

If you don't go in the Inter, what do you think your next choice will be?

Probably going to go to the other museums meeting as well as it's the National and more local.

I suspect that there will be others on a daily basis, Romsey, Beaulieu jumbles, and Poole/Bournemouth, all being well

See you all soon

john

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »
Hi John, As I only have two microcars now having sold the AC and letting my friend and neighbor have the Willam [it hasn't gone far and I still play with it!], if I don't take the Inter it will be the messerschmitt. If I can be of any assistance to your chum with his project let me know.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 08:46:12 AM by bobbybubble »

inacoma

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2008, 09:01:08 PM »
Cheers Bob

Look forward to seing either of your cars then.

I saw Phil  today at the bodyshop where he works, he seems to be getting a lot of advice from club members, and is getting all of the parts together, he had started on the hinge mounting but not realised that I think it is let inbertween the 2 skins or something, so is redoing it.

Did you see the 2 cars for sale on ebay at the mo?

John

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 09:27:22 PM »
Yes I did. I know the yellow car well. The restoration project red car is scarely expensive when you consider how much needs spending on it to finish it properly, It needs a new floor, side walls, dome, paint job, proberbly an engine rebuild,  all new trim ,you name it, One can quite easily spend 5K on something like this. Its a strange thing that ebay sellers like this one write "this is advertised else where so I may remove before the end" ect ect. I emailed this guy and ask him what was his asking price in the advert else where, of course it isnt advertised else where, just gives one the option to withdraw it for any reason. Now you will see in great big letters the comment, "THIS IS AN AUCTION AND WILL RUN TO THE END STOP ASKING ME WHAT I WANT FOR IT BLAR BLAR BLAR. Make up ya mind son , it's one or the other!   Oh the joys of Ebay! I hope the Heinkel is still running well John, I look forward to seeing it and maybe even a little ride?

inacoma

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »
Hi Bob

Yes I must admit I have put this on things I have advertised on Ebay, like you say it gives you the choice.

I think I must be a bit easy going, because i tend to sell things when someone makes an offer if i think it's fair.

All O.K. with the Heinkel (touch wood)

you are welcome to give it a drive.

John