Author Topic: Favourite microcar poll  (Read 33876 times)

inacoma

Re: Favourite microcar poll
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2008, 08:52:44 PM »
Can we get Terry Wogan on the commentry please.

Sarcastic whit.

Nil Pwoint !!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 10:04:11 PM »
 Have the political votes started yet or are they still singing out of tune?   ;D ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Favorite micro car poll
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 09:47:22 AM »
I see there has been some activity on the poll over night with a vote for the Inter and the mopetta, also I notice that the vote for the TG500 has disappeared so someone has changed their minds, didn't know you could do that but there you go! No one has voted for the 1950's French rarities like Rolux and de Rovin ect yet which surprises me, still its early days. I'm curious to know who voted for the Inter, it would be useful to have a short list of potential customers for if I decide to sell mine not that its imminent you understand.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 09:53:56 AM »
Can we get Terry Wogan on the commentry please.

Sarcastic whit.

Nil Pwoint !!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
                          Sarcastic twit more like!

micronaut

• Occasional
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2008, 07:10:24 PM »
No mention of the Replicar Cursor then?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2008, 08:07:37 PM »
Do you have a Cursor then? I took some photos of them at the London motor show back in the eighties at their launch. Will dig them out. No, as I said in the first posting, I couldnt list them all, just a few cars that I personaly like, why not do another of your favourite cars when this one is finished, its difficult to please everyone. I quite like the cursor though but you must admitt they used just about the worst engine and auto box that Suzuki ever produced, also used and failed in the Bamby. One of the few cars for which an engine transplant is justifiable. I love them in the flake metalic colours!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:31:57 PM by bobbybubble »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2008, 08:29:37 PM »
It was a tough decision between the Avolette, Tourette and the Brutsch cars, but I went for the Paul Valle Chanticlier, this would be the one I'd like to own.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »
I dont know you very well Blob but I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that our tastes in microcars are very similar!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 09:21:12 PM by bobbybubble »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2008, 09:24:26 PM »
Well at the end of day one the trident and Mk1 Scootacar are neck and neck but the finishing post is a long way off and its still anyones race! Have you cast your vote yet? I'm interested to know who voted for what.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2008, 11:31:18 PM »
Go on then mates and post for the Trident!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

inacoma

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008, 08:16:36 AM »
It was a tough decision between the Avolette, Tourette and the Brutsch cars, but I went for the Paul Valle Chanticlier, this would be the one I'd like to own.

Add to this the David, that looks like a Whurlitzer duke box on wheels and you probably have the 50's Dan Dare in a car thing to a tee !

FAB

;D

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 09:31:12 AM »
It seems so Bob. I like the P. Vallee as it has such character, it

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Favorite microcar poll
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »
Hi Blob. I have been fortunate enough to be able go over two Chanticliers with a fine toothed comb, one at the Bruce weiner auction and another that turned up at Story Germany for sale, unfortunately the owner wanted £4000 for it unrestored and that was seven years ago! I wanted it badly and was furious that he was being so greedy. Both cars had a very strange body material, I'm guessing it was fibre glass but without a gel coat to give it a smooth finish, you could see all the fibre strands like you can on the inside of a standard fiberglass body, I guess it was a cutting edge material back then. The cars have a ladder type square tubular chassis, a dee shaped steering implement and as you say, an Ydral 175 with gyrostarter, my favorite! I have some photos of the car I saw at Story if you are interested. Now here is a strange thing and Jean will back me up here, at the Weiner auction viewing Jean and Edwin were privileged to have a preview and an opportunity to play with the cars, I remember Ed telling me that he tried to start a whole succession of them including the ones that went for megabuck! They all had either flat batteries, no battery or were just restored to look good but with pants mechanicals until he got to the Chanticier with westinghouse gyrostarter, he cranked up the gyrostarter and it was away being the only startable/drivable vehicle in the sale! Brownie points for the Chanticlier and gyrostarter? I should say so!!!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 02:30:13 PM by bobbybubble »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2008, 02:39:28 PM »
Yeah! I'd love to see the photos Bob, that's the thing unless you find a site where one's being resored, you don't really get to see the inner workings of the thing.

AndrewG

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2008, 04:52:39 PM »
But why can we only vote for the Mk 1 Scootacar?  Is this just a beauty parade?  My death wish is a Mk III Scootacar....

Andrew