Author Topic: Favourite microcar poll  (Read 33875 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Favourite microcar poll
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2008, 06:55:27 PM »
Hi, Andrew, I'm getting weary of answering this one, see Posting number one, page one of this thread for the answer. Its just a bit of fun and yes, I guess it is a beauty parade!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 05:52:27 PM by bobbybubble »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 10:06:51 PM »
At the end of day two, the situation is exactly the same as yesturday , neck and neck between the trident and the scootacar Mk1, some votes were recieved today for the paul vallee for example but the leaders remain the same. What will tomorrow bring?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2008, 10:19:53 AM »
Well there is justice in the world, I see the Goggo dart has caught up over night and we have a three way tie! Will this beautiful Australian microsports car excellerate away from the two British oddballs, what? Not the result you want, well get voting then!

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »
hello everybody,

Perhaps i could take pictures of my father's Paul Vall
Avolette, Messerschmitt, Solyto, Autobianchi Eden-Roc, ROLUX 125

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
Hello friendly Don, nice to here from you again! Its strange how false information about the cars gets repeated, finds its way into books and then is taken as fact like the thing about the paul Vallee chassis's. Like the story about the blue inter that belongs to Ken Weger in the USA, the story about how it has a 125 sans permis motor by special order of the first buyer. Yesturday I found photographs that I had taken of this car before it went to the states [ the shipper is a friend of mine and invited me to view the car before it was shipped] I have a photo of the chassis plate and it clearly says Cylindree 175. Type 175a and strangely chassis number 1175. So there may be a 125cc out there somewhere but it certainly isnt this car!
Well jigger my gyrostarter!!  do you know Donald, I have just realised something about my own Inter, seeing Kens cars chassis number reminds me that Inter numbers have a number one in front of them, so kens car is really number 175, we know this because only between two and three hundred cars were made. Well when I got my car from Gilles, he told me mine was car number five. I later found 15 stamped on the body [the early ones do not have a chassis plate] and argued with him that it was the fifteenth car produced and not the fifth, I have just realised that he was correct! The number one in front is not counted, what a fool I have been !!! I will have to contact Jean and have it changed on the register or at least explain that althought the chassis number is 15 it is in fact car number five. As Del boy, would say, "Bob, you plonker!!!"
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:24:29 PM by bobbybubble »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2008, 03:44:38 PM »
you're right Bob, many cars had a "1" before th bereal numbers : perhaps it was the shame from the manufacturer not to be able building more cars !! How funny in the brutsch rollera of my father, which is number 1112. If only brutsch made so much Rollera, how cool it could be !!
A man 8 month ago wanted to sell me his Inter, and he says it was a 125cc, a pre-serie car. I think it is a Gilles's friend, you could ask him.
So, lucky man, you have the fifth Inter !!
I talked by mail 2 years ago with the family (i don't know how to say "Son" for a woman ) of the first owner of ken's Inter : she told me all his Remembrance of the inter as a child. Very funny to hear.
I went in my garage which will do the paintjob of the Avolette : it seems to be soon. I am so happy after 8 month of waiting ! I was so happy i could not resist to vote for the Avolette : the little car was so sad not having a vote...!!
Friendly,
Don

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2008, 04:19:26 PM »
You fellows think car chassis numbers are a bit odd, but you shouild see the numbers that have gone on drums I have made! I lost, then re-found some plates, some numbers were kept for drums that I never made, now i have given up any hope of achieving any logical orderand just stick any old number on, it's more for the look of the name plate! All mine start with "0", perhaps more modest hopes than some car makers!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2008, 05:45:32 PM »
Ha, what will historians in the future make of your drum numbering system Marcus, a few heads will be scratched! I know that with antique marine chronometers, the makers always added numbers before the real start number so as to inspire confidence in the customers, i.e. "These people have already made a thousand of these, they must be ok!" I wonder if the same is true of vehicle manifacturers?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
Don, Why didnt you buy the Inter that you were offered?

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008, 06:38:21 PM »
Just because i have not 20 000 E for an Inter bob !

karonut

• Occasional
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2008, 09:28:16 PM »
I voted for the Inter Bob,

Most people would have thought that I would vote for the TG500

I can't afford it anyway Bob
1960 Messerschmitt KR200, 1957 Messerschmitt KR200, 1961 Messerschmitt KR200 Sport.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2008, 09:41:25 PM »
Don, don't worry about the Inter I have seen many cars I can't afford, hows your Rolux Baby going? I'm an avid follower of your blog can't wait for the next installment.  :)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2008, 10:23:15 PM »
20,000 euros? Cheap at twice the price! Never mind Don, I'm sure your father will let you play with his! Also you are most fortunate to own a Avolette.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
Well its bed time on day three and its still lthe trident, scootacar and dart on level pegging, the vespa 400 got a vote today, thats a pretty little car, and also the TG500 now has two. Thanks karonut for voting Inter, the way things are going the price of an Inter could catch up with a TG500, still its one thing to ask 20.000E and another to get it! Lets hope the interest in the poll continues for the full ten days.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:34:32 PM by bobbybubble »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2008, 07:05:47 AM »
Blob thank you, i am very happy to have English microcar enthusiast who read my blog. It would be a reason for me to make translation of my articles ....! Perhaps i will do ! After playing with my father's Inter of course....There is a joke in France :"You know the difference between a child and a father ? Price of toys !!"