Author Topic: Which micro clubs are you a member of?  (Read 3354 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Which micro clubs are you a member of?
« on: March 11, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »
 With Bob Purton having done a poll on "your favourite micro", I thought I'd also be a nosey parker & start a topic to find out what club's you all belong to at the current time.  ;D  Fully-paid-up & current membership ones only please  Here's all the clubs I'm in at the current time, just to set the ball rolling;

Register of Unusual Microcars

Scottish Microcar Club

Heinkel Trojan Club

Scootacar Register

By this time next week you can probibly add the Messerschmitt Owners Club to this list as well......

If we expand the listing to include non-micro but still vehicluar related clubs, I'm also a fully paid up member of four number plate clubs and the Classic Hearse Register.

So far this year I've paid out about £130 in subscription renewals.   :o 

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Re: Which micro clubs are you a member of?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 11:58:38 PM »
Hi Stuart,
im a member of the MCD- Messerschmitt Club Deutschland, and as well- Peel owners club of Germany !
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 12:00:24 AM by Peelpower »

Triporteur

• Quite Chatty
    • Online Bicycle Museum
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 08:51:59 AM »
M/cycles - Triumph Owners MCC, BSA OC, Vintage MC Club, British 2-stroke Club, Panther OC, Francis Barnett OC, AJS/Matchless OC, Velocette OC, LE Velocette OC, Motorcycle Action Group

Cyclemotors - NACC

Scooters - Vintage Scooter Club, Maico OC,

Cars - Morris Minor OC, Austin Counties/A35, Morris Register, VW Splitscreen Van Club, VW Club of N. Thailand, NSRA (National Street Rod Association), Ford Sidevalve OC, Pre-50 American Car Club, Sussex VW OC, Demon Dweebs (my local VW/old car club)

Bicycles - Veteran Cycle Club

3-wheelers - Brothers of the 3rd Wheel, Rumcars

+ club forums in UK and abroad

I wish there was a proper club for vintage 3-wheelers; rumcars is the closest thing to it (and has one of the best vintage forums in the UK) but you guys are really into microcars and more modern stuff.
Online Bicycle Museum - http://oldbike.eu

Online Cyclemaster Museum - http://Cyclemaster.co.uk

Sales: http://BuyVintage.co.uk

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 09:23:06 AM »
Heinkel-Trojan Club and RUM, my Trojan and Drum Car both regd with RUM
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 09:28:23 AM »
Blimey Colin! The subs for that lot must come to more than my yearly income!  Sorry Stuart, I was distracted by that long list. I only belong to the M>O>C> and Rumcars which of course as jean has pointed out in the past isnt a club, just a registed that has a Magazine and a forum, although it very much feels like a club. The rest is motorcycle orientated. Oh and in the spirit of Ferdis list , The UK Inter Owners Club. Southern division. [membership, 1.] I was thinking about the question, why dont we form a Rum car club? but after pondering, nothing would really change, it is already based on a paid membership as we sub to the magazine, we sort of have an annual rally at Jeans place, what else could change apart from having a proper committee to direct club matters. Its no good thinking about a spare parts division because of the diversity of the vehices. Most clubs struggle to get members to take on the work and fill the various club positions. I would say we all get off lightly and enjoy all the benifits as it is. I suppose the only disadvantage is that the whole thing revolves around Jean which must be a strain for her at times and if she ever wanted to give it up for any reason, where would we be? I have no complaints what so ever with the Status Quo [especially Rockin all over the world!] Long live RUM cars!!!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:21:45 PM by bobbybubble »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 12:29:32 PM »
No clubs just registers for me, Nobel, Frisky and RUM.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 02:24:30 PM »
STOPRESS! As of today I've just joined the MOC & Bond Owners Club as well..... Well, its only money!  ;D

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 05:34:46 PM »
and your only young once ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 05:57:13 PM »
Stuart, Im beginning to doubt the story about you being Scottish! Spending money with wild abandon!!

inacoma

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 07:45:31 PM »
Hi

I'm in :-

Rumcars
Micromaniacs
Heinkel/Trojan O/C
The Vintage Microcar Club U.S.A.

John