Author Topic: MACCHINETTE - Italian Microcar Exhibition  (Read 29971 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
MACCHINETTE - Italian Microcar Exhibition
« on: March 12, 2008, 02:24:09 PM »
Italian TV coverage here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOCl7KLE6xM

I am fairly certain they filmed this before everything was set up and done as there are still work lamps laying about.

Avolette

• Occasional
Re: MACCHINETTE - Italian Microcar Exhibition
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 02:48:45 PM »
Many thanks Jim ! Now i know where is this famous Inter with special wings, which was for sale in France in 2004. Rumors said it was in Italy, but now it
is verified! Bob, you should see this video, you''ll like it !!
And it seems a beautiful Volpe appears. I don't understand why this kind of film let appear only cars that we all know (Isetta, Tiger etc...) and don't take time to show the exotic ones (Inter, Volpe etc...)Whatever, it was a pleasure to see that. But i did not understand many things in Italian spoken....
Avolette, Messerschmitt, Solyto, Autobianchi Eden-Roc, ROLUX 125

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 03:14:23 PM »
I don't understand why this kind of film let appear only cars that we all know (Isetta, Tiger etc...) and don't take time to show the exotic ones (Inter, Volpe etc...)

Because it appears to be a TV News report piece, not an "official" document of the exhibit.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 04:12:59 PM »
Hey what a great little film! Its the first time I have seen that Inter , I wonder what the wings are adapted from, maybe a schmitt or even custom made, what a strange thing to do!

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 05:35:23 PM »
Bob, it is the second Inter i have seen with this kind of wings. I must admit i like this shape, more "bulbous".

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 05:53:26 PM »
Don. Do you think that SNCAN really made some like that in the factory? Sorry but I dont like the shape, its a corruption of the original design.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 07:01:05 PM »
Dear Friends

For those that are interested, here is the official web site for the exhibition that will be on from 6 March to 6 April in Rome

http://www.macchinette.org/index.html

Nice photo of the Volpe

Chris Thomas

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 08:26:43 PM »
Bob, it's your right not to like this shape but some were original from factory, i am almost sure. In the 70's, my father bought an Inter, which had not been restored, entirely original (not a bodge) and had this kind of wings !

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 08:46:01 PM »
Donald, Are you sure its not the same car as this one? Do you have any photos of it? Looking at this picture I can see that it has been altered unprofessionaly in a few ways. The aluminium trim has been shortened leaving a hole exposed, there are messerschmitt engine cover catches fitted, all this tells me that it is a modified car. The other thing that makes no sense is that the shape of the nose tells me it is an early body, the early cars were made so that the axles could fold. My car was made this way, there is still part of the mechanism on the car. Surely, having these big fixed wings would be defeating the purpose, it would not allow the car to go through narrow gaps. Sorry Donald but I'm not convinced that they ever made them like this. I may be wrong, It could have been an experimental prototype.
Could this be the car your father bought in the seventies and has found its way to Italy? I still think it one that someone modified. Perhaps we will never know, a mystery like my Torpedo!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 09:03:55 PM by bobbybubble »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 09:08:49 PM »
Bob your right considering this car has been restored, so perhaps modified, but this is not the car my father had. I send you a picture tomorrow of the other Inter, which is still in Paris since many years.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 09:19:40 PM »
Great! I would love to see it. I have always said about Inters  "No two cars are the same" and the variations never cease to amaze me! Donald, I will do a deal with you, I will accept this is factory built if you will accept that my car is a genuine Torpedo! Is it a deal?

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 09:31:04 PM »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »
Deal !

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2008, 08:44:37 AM »
Jim, where did you find these pictures of the Inter ? I could not find on the website....Or perhaps do you have the catalog ?
On the website i see only 4 cars (Volugrafo, Volpe, Isetta and Tiger)
Thanks for the answer !
Don