Author Topic: FLIPPERS  (Read 30917 times)

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
Re: FLIPPERS
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2011, 07:52:22 AM »
I assume you mean that there are a few real Crayford cars that were imported to England.  All the other 250cc cars are Lawil?  (Willam being 125cc and mainly in France?). Or, is there a special difference with the Crayford cars - please let me know.

Crayford was assembled here and is a seperate entity. Never sat down to list what was different but I seem to recall being told quite a bit. I have not owned a Lawil, though I have got several running for chums who have got them. No doubt someone has bumpf on them both.
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
ah ! merci boucoup monsieur Isetta owner l. so am i clear now the donky is the mark E or  ;D
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2011, 10:43:45 AM »
ah ! merci boucoup monsieur Isetta owner l. so am i clear now the donky is the mark E or  ;D

Bond should have called the two seat version of the Mark E the Pup.......
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs

richard

• Rich
  • Prolific Poster
  • Bond ,Gordon,Bruetsch
« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
or the popemobile the monk ........
outside of a dog a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read .Groucho Marx 1895-1977

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 12:04:59 AM »

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 07:45:47 AM »
As opposed to the Wynfordmobile (Messerschmitt religious leader, well which other marque club together to own a chapel?) called the Mink and my latest special called the Mank created to compete directly to the Mark E Pup.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2011, 12:10:19 PM »
A picture of your chassis plate would be good.
A copy of your V5 would help me with the fine details and taxation class  for the DVLA and proove to them that it is a known type of car.

I hope we can talk further on this one because my Lawil is a usable car and it would be great to get it on the road.

Slight prob. THe car is stored 200 miles away at the moment and I await the V5. But yes in principle I can do that, but not immedately.

Was the Flipper I a flop? Cleared out as a Flip flop for the II. A donkey Flip flop is rare and the belts did not keep the hooves in hence MOT probs. Why be a Flipper flopper with one Flipper when you can Flip a flopped Flipper flopper too! Thanks to TicTac there. This could be the start of considerable silliness.

Just a reminder that if you could still copy or let me have details of the V5 it would be a great help.  Regards
Barry

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #52 on: May 26, 2011, 01:07:53 PM »
My scanner has bust. I had intended to create a digital version for repeat transmission. I will see if chum can do it, might end up as a disc.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 26, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
Whatever you can do would be a great help.
Did you receive the Crayford Willam  (William) report that I sent via email - if not give me a current email address and I will send again.. 
All the best

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2011, 09:34:04 AM »
Whatever you can do would be a great help.
Did you receive the Crayford Willam  (William) report that I sent via email - if not give me a current email address and I will send again.. 
All the best

I now have an A3 scanner so happy to help with those larger pages if required.

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »
Sorry my search thingy did not pick up on those last two messages.

No I do not recall a Crayford email but it depends when it was sent as I have converted to LInux systems to avoid spam and virus. In doing so some coms were missed. You can try alanbubblecars@hotmail.com. I have yet to collect the car from remote storage but it will be interesting to see if it matches its billing and the info.
I will see if Stuart wants to scan the booklet as no doubt he will add it to his collection in the process.

Barry

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2011, 09:05:47 AM »
Sent again.
That is the same email address I used last time.  Let me know when / if received.

Denis

• Occasional
    • http://www.microcarfan.com
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 03:28:53 PM »
DONKY :
Sticker seen at the back of a Tomcar fram :

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 09:46:50 AM »
Crayford has finely made it back with the Nose Job and some other naughty bits. However no paperwork as yet. The logistics became a rush as storage became lost. Likewise Bath direction store is now being emptied prior to being re let so I am coming under pressure on storage in Oxfordshire and lots of work sorting stuff so I can re store in a more sensible order and get rid of what I no longer want to keep. Realistically I need to re-ferb a deep storage facility for the long term projects which will be a months messing around.

Given the location of the National I think it might be that I will take three oddball cars on Sunday rather than drive a micro over. The Nose Job would seem to select itself as I do not think one has been to a National. Might take the Larmer as well. Have to see. Thurs to Sat I hope to be piloting a Microcar on commuting duty.

The Crayford has thrown up an immediate problem. The bonnet catch seems to be a mystery item. I hope to give it a quick sort this week so pics might be available. Stuart remained on his throne so no scanning facility as yet. Off to Toddington over the Cotswolds now - Gloucestershire, so that will be wet then!