Author Topic: Peel Trident on ebay.de  (Read 17646 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Peel Trident on ebay.de
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 10:55:43 PM »
What I would like to know is, is it possible to reduce the KB of a picture so that it comes within the limit and so can be posted?

the general answer is YES, but I don't know if the Forum has the capability of doing that automagically.
Generally you have to do it on your own.

If you can't adjust the pics yourself, try this free on-line service:
http://imageshack.us/

they host it for you too.  There are others out there, I am just not familiar with them as I adjust images myself to suit. 

Whenever I try to explain to someone how to do it themselves (like I do), I find it's easier to just have them email me the photos, I reduce them and send them back...
happy to do that if anyone wants me to.

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 12:17:07 AM »
It all depends what software you have, if you're using a digital camera or even a scanner, the software you installed when you bought the product will have an editing application, there will be an 'edit image' menu, it's probably easier if you reduce using the percentage option.

Peel-nut

• Just Starting
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 05:48:52 PM »
A P50 in full effect on the streets of Wapping...
There seems to be smoke coming out the back end of the yellow P50 !, Is it on fire ? :D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »
When it expired on the TT I was quite tempted to throw a match on it!....
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 07:17:28 PM by P50 »
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 02:53:57 PM »
Hi everyone,
yes the Trident on ebay.de is back to England. It was the ex Frank Javons car. There are 2 more genuine Tridents in Germany. A unrestored pale blue, and also E131, what is still mine and as a loan in the Automuseum St

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 07:16:13 PM »
You should get it fit for next July. That is when the IoM Manx Heritage Motoring Club have their annual meeting at Peel.

20 Peels were there last year for Peel 40. Meaning 40 years of Peel Tridents and P50's.  10 went this year and it wasn't even a 'Peel Engineering' biased event.

I think every July at the town of Peel going forward will now be a Peel Engineering show as well as the usual classics on the IoM.

Not the cheapest of shows to get to but worth it if you're an enthusiast!     
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 10:23:41 AM »
Hello P50,
course im an enthusiast of Peels. I bought my Trident 19 years ago in bit and pices, no dome,wrong engine. Anyway, the restauration tooks me some month, and it is in good condition now.
Would like to go to the IoM with the Peel, but its so far from my home, and it will take a long time.
Cheers

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »
Well you'll be pleased to know I bought Franks Trident!  I have the bits for the Bing vergaser he lent to you. The choke sleeve and a spring.

For the forseeable future I fear mine's the only Peel to come back to the UK.  I fear the law of supply and demand will ultimately tempt owners to sell to the highest bidder even if the car isn't for sale. If high production American muscle can make milions of dollars then I fear Peels being so rare will be used as a commodity for the uber rich at some point in the future. I suppose time will tell. If £100k was placed in used notes in front of me I'd decline. How could I replace pair of genuine Peels? 

I'm extremely pleased Frank kept the V5 and it had not 'dropped' off the DVLA's systems. I've now registered it in my name. Things in the UK are toughening up with regard to 'discovered' cars off the radar. Have you got UK papers for your Trident?  It is of no consequence if the car is abroad but hugely important in the UK.

If you can't get your Trident to Peel next year you can simply fly in.  I might go to the IoM later on in the year. I think the island's a beautifull place.  Like England in the 60's..
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 02:49:56 PM »
Well, i do wish you all the best with your Trident, and i hope i'll see it again. Since the St