Author Topic: Replicar Cursor  (Read 17851 times)

inacoma

Re: Replicar Cursor
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2008, 08:52:59 PM »
Hi Micronaut

Yes I was one of those people.

Saw the ad on the website about 2 years ago and emailed you to ask if you still had them.

Would have liked either, ( just like something from Captain Scarlet or Joe 90 ) but the 2 seater, that would have been someting special.  ;D

Where are they now?

What micro if any do you have now?

John

Cessna

• Occasional
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2008, 09:54:17 PM »
Hi Micronaut

I e-mailed you some weeks ago when I first discovered the Cursor, your info very encouraging, Whilst the two seater would be my prefered option, I guess it's very unlikely I will ever find one. I know of someone with a single seater in storage which nearer the time maybe still available.
My journey to work would require a performance of 40+ mph otherwise I would be creating a "rolling road block", so if I go ahead it will require an improved engine. Do you know where I could get drawings or any accurate technical detail?

Kind regards
Cessna

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2008, 10:13:53 PM »
 Here we are Micronaught, just for you (& several other Cursor fans) a lucky dip into my photo album for the 1999 National.....

Elsewhere, a cursor doesn't sound any worse than my Mini Comtesse for cross-country work. I'd happily use one totally "as is", as I also would a Bamby or any other pathetic-powered vehicle. Enjoy the vehicle for what it is and what it has, rather than what it isn't and what it doesn't have.....  :)

Anyone fancy getting together for a special roadrun of seriusly slow & underpowered vehicles? Only vehicles less than 100cc need apply.  Sounds good to me.....   8)

inacoma

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 07:42:02 AM »
Great picture

All you need is the black circle floating over it to show the Mysterons are about.

Younger members see Captain Scarlet by Gerry Anderson

John

Cessna

• Occasional
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 10:14:15 PM »
Hi All

Sorry for all these questions, but anyone have a good web site for getting engine specifications? (typically Jap scooters), and how many bhp produced by the CS50 or CP50 engines?

Kind regards
Cessna

PS
Plan to go and look at the Cursor prototype in the Hammond collection.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2008, 09:51:19 AM »
Hello again. I did have a manual for the CS50 scooter somewhere, when I find it you can have it. As I remember the cs engines are the ones to avoid, the reason being that they have a very complex and power draining mechanical auto gearbox, the scooter was an allmighty flop and then the belt drive variomatic scooters took over. The CP50 is I think of the latter. In our old Bamby we ditched the CS50 for a CP80, this was the belt type and was a terrific little engine and whats more it just bolted trait in, all the mounting holes were the same as the CS engines. The cars performance doubled in power, if you could find one it would be a good unit to use in a cursor.

Cessna

• Occasional
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2008, 10:06:31 PM »
Hi

Thanks for the info on the CS50 engines, several people have questioned the reliability of the CS series, and as time is always tight a straight swap with a CP80 would be a good option. The first problem would be the lack of availability, from my initial enquiries it seems the Suzuki scooter was not very popular, so I may need to resort to using a more modern engine like the AY50, although it may require more modification. As far as power is concerned I haven't tried to calculate the power I would need for 40+mph, certainly the AY50 produces 3.5bhp (as long as I go the conversion from Kw right!) still trying to find figures for the CS50 for comparison.

Kind regards
Cessna

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2008, 10:16:52 PM »
If it helps to know, the converted Bamby would have just kept on accelerating and I'm sure would have gone well over 40mph but the brakes and handling were so awful, 30mph was all we would dare go!

Sheefag

• Just Starting
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2015, 11:43:52 PM »
Gents, apologies for reviving such an old thread but sadly the Stondon museum is closing and one of the Replicars mentioned further up this thread is for sale on Wednesday. I found this site when looking for further details on the car and there are a few microcars that you all may find interesting.

Might I just state that I have no connection with either the Museum or the Auction house however I thought you all might find the auction stock worthy of a look.
http://brightwells.com/ClassicCarsMotorcyclesAutomobilia/ClassicVehicles/StondonCataloguePart2.aspx

http://www.motor-museum.co.uk/

Big Al

• Prolific Poster
  • Ranttweiler, biting the breeze block of banter
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 08:46:38 AM »
Anyone fancy getting together for a special roadrun of seriusly slow & underpowered vehicles? Only vehicles less than 100cc need apply.  Sounds good to me.....   8)

That and subsiquant suggestions for the same thing have fallen on stony ground.  Yet there are more puddlejumpers out there than ever. So what do people do with them, other than throw the original engines away?
Messerschmitt set, Goggo Darts, Heinkel 175, Fiat Jolly, Autobianchi, Fairthorpe Electron Minor, Borgward, Isuzu Trooper
Citroen BX 17TZD & GTI 16v
Held - MG Magnette ZB & 4/44
For sale - Vellam Isetta, Bamby, AC Type 70, Velorex, Church Pod, Reliant Mk5, KR200,  Saab 96, Bellemy Trials, Citroen BXs