Author Topic: Front suspension  (Read 9728 times)

inacoma

Re: Front suspension
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2008, 09:22:56 PM »
Hi Adrian

I agree that most of the car is way over engineered in comparison to what you are contemplating.

I thought the use of aluminium and formed plastic panels was interesting.

And I was making the comment, watch this because BMW are pumping in the money and wondered if they were doing it as a pr. op. or if they would be able to realisticaly get it past low figure numbers and into any usable and marketable form.

One of the most interesting articles in rumcars for me was about the little white car, the one Jean has that is like a moped with sidecar all in one (can't remember the name). It was built in Christchurch about 2 units from the industrial unit that the company I work for is in. With my Heinkel having a later Honda Helix engine grafted in, my interest in microcars would love to take me into the realms of making my own microcar using available parts, on similar lines to this.

Perhaps an off the shelf kit to bolt onto an existing moped base with some modifications?

John

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2008, 10:56:38 PM »
One of the most interesting articles in rumcars for me was about the little white car, the one Jean has that is like a moped with sidecar all in one (can't remember the name). It was built in Christchurch about 2 units from the industrial unit that the company I work for is in.

Moby.  I know the name 'cus I wrote the article!  ;D

Cessna

• Occasional
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 03:52:54 PM »
Hi John

See where you are coming from, however based on the cost of BMW C1 spares, I think the items will be fairly costly!

I do believe there is a market for a scooter based "eco" kit car, which would be fairly low cost, and simple to build/operate, however I think it would need to be powered by something larger than a moped in order to keep up with todays traffic.

Kind regards
Adrian

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2008, 07:43:23 PM »
Martin Bellwood did a write up of his Trojan conversion to modern scooter engine in the previous Cruiser News, worth a read
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

inacoma

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 08:10:06 PM »
Hi

Yes I read the article, the Honda engine purrs away quite well, I had some small holes in the top seam of the exhaust which I fixed at the weekend, It's now a lot quieter and less fumes as well.

Need to fix the quarterlight rubbers as the rain is getting in. I have drilled a hole in the spare wheel well to keep it moving until i can get a new set of rubbers, driving with wellies on would have been difficult with the small pedals

;D

John