Author Topic: Invalid Carriage Register expansion?  (Read 10399 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Invalid Carriage Register expansion?
« on: March 25, 2008, 05:22:25 PM »
 Over the past few weeks I've been pondering the possibility of some changes within the Invalid Carriage Register. mostly along the lines of finally producing my own stand-alone magazine. I'm currently looking at all the costings etc of getting such magazines printed, but if I bother going ahead depends on the degree of suport I'd get from other people.

I'm thinking in the region of four A5-sized issues per year, covering ALL forms of transport for the disabled, from the invalid tricycle to bath chairs to early converted cars to moblity scooters. (before anyone starts sneering, tis my magazine & I'll say what goes in it!)  membership costs of about £10 per year

Anyone interested?  Make some form of noise below & see what happons.....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Invalid Carriage Register expansion?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 05:41:19 PM »
  Excellent idea Stuart, as suggested by Mike and I when in France as I recall. Why not do a mail shot to all on your register to get an idea of the level of interest?

inacoma

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:32:43 PM »
Hi Stuart

I think the magazine would be a good idea.

Whilst not for everyone, IC's are interesting and have a following. I think with your enthusiasm if anyone can get the mag off the ground it's you.

If you don't try it you will always think what if?

Go for it mate

John

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
Hi Stuart

I'll have a tenner's worth of that, great idea!  I'll even offer the Poirier as a cover shot if you like.

Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 06:47:29 AM »
Sounds like a lot of work, but I believe that it would be worthwhile and I would support it.
Maybe to start out, you could just use it as an insert in the Rumcars magazine for a few issues to gauge the response and feedback, and to "get your feet wet" so to say. I would be glad to help in anyway, and submit articles as needed; but you are the resident knowledgeable expert! 8)
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 12:08:23 PM »
 The signs are getting ever more encoraging. I think a good quote may have been found from a printer, which I shall be checking out next week. I've also got most of the first two issues set down already in readyness & I shall soon be circulating the known owners & enthusiasts.  All those interested, start to think about putting your money where your mouth is when you get the call becuse I rekon I'll need a bare minimum of 40-50 paid-up members to get this mag up & running.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 04:59:23 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 03:57:37 PM »

Yes folks, THIS is the call! Conveyances fan unite, I now need your money!  The details are above, subscription is £10 for the UK,  £12 for Europe, and £15 for USA & everywhere else.  (paypal is also accepted)

Freinds, Romans, Conveyances; Lend me your money & I'll see you on July 6th.........
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 04:02:06 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jawmedead

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 07:54:11 PM »
I've paid my subscription. Have you? Good Luck with your venture Stuart.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 03:08:43 PM »
 Well, its now a week into the call to arms, and so far four folk have sent in their money. (they know who they are...  :-*)  Four down, thirty-six more to go. I need fourty paid-up subscribers by the 1st of July to get Conveyancer up & running.  Don't just stand there, gimme yer dosh!!!!!!   ;D ;)

Those permantly tied to their computer can pay via Paypal.  Send it to  invacar@yahoo.co.uk
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 03:25:10 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 08:50:38 PM »
 Notice hereby given that the launch of "Conveyancer" has now been delayed until at least mid August, due to so far only having six persons subscribing, plus an important advertisment was not printed in the current issue (despite assurances that it would be) of a disabled lifestyle magazine which would have brought a fair few orders in.   :'(

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2008, 10:33:18 AM »
 Numbers of subscribers now up to EIGHT  ;D  :o  but still not yet enough alas.

Intended launch date now delayed until 1st SEPTEMBER

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2008, 09:01:07 AM »
Hi Stuart. Bob here. A funny thing happen to me in the schmitt whilst out on the MEC run on saturday, I pulled over at a garage to ask directions and after receiving some from a young lad behind the counter a mechanic appeared. "Follow me, I want to show you something" he said, just at that moment I thought this was starting to sound a little familiar and then he opened a door and showed me a Grey AC Acedes saying do you want to buy this? I thought, this has to be the same one Stuart was presented with and then Mike appeared who was my passenger, wondering where I had got to. He confirmed that it was lightning striking twice in the same place, I muttered something like "why couldn't it have been an undiscovered TG500" and we made our way off. Just thought I would let you know that it is still there. He wants too much money for it of course. Still the experience made an interesting diversion on the run. The Schmitt went a little slower than usual, I wondered why at first, my passenger Mike is not excessively heavy but then I realized that he had his wallet with him which explains everything! Tee Hee!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 05:56:03 PM »
NEWSFLASH Despite details listed above, do NOT make cheques payable to "the Invalid Carriage Register". My bank has just told me they can't accept such-marked cheques.  Therefore any cheques should now be made payable to "S. Cyphus"

« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 05:57:48 PM by Stuart Cyphus »