Author Topic: City-El / Mini-El wanted  (Read 3611 times)

MikeBoxwell

• G-Wiz owner
  • Just Starting
    • G-Wiz Owners Club
City-El / Mini-El wanted
« on: July 07, 2006, 10:56:23 PM »
Is the City-El / Mini-El still in production?  I e-mailed the manufactuers at www.cityel.de the other day but didn't get any reply.

I have need to buy a few of them if they are available new and serviceable within London.

Does anyone import them and sell them in the UK?

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Re: City-El / Mini-El wanted
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 05:09:13 PM »
Why don't you try a Twike instead?  See RUMCAR NEWS 89 on sale now.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: City-El / Mini-El wanted
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 01:42:48 AM »
Hi Mike

Try this site for City-el information:  http://www.ralfwagner.de

Ralf was very helpful when I was dithering about adding one to the Devonport Collection of Cr*p and Classics until a fear of something electrical and expensive going wrong made me see sense!

There was a chap in Essex - Harold Marfleet or something like that - who was involved with the school entries for the BP Mileage Marathons and had a City-el with a small petrol engine which operated on the "squirt and cast" principle and achieved a ridiculous amount of miles to the gallon.

Personally, I'm happy with my 87mpg Tuk Tuk and the 48mpg Citroen BX - but my wife always says that I have a low threshold of satisfaction!

Regards,
Nick D.

Regards
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.