Author Topic: Farm Open Day  (Read 3261 times)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
Farm Open Day
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:45:29 PM »
A big thank you to all of you who it  made to the Farm and made it such a great day, the weather of course helped enormousely.  I had a wonderful time chatting to all and sundry, I hope I didn't miss anyone.  It was great to see several of the newest members and hear their stories especially Carl Barnard who is related to the Winns of el;ectric vehicle fame (see RCN 89) what a coincidence that was!  Your generous donations are much appreciated and will help our little band of "Friends" to improve the look of some of the exhibits no end.  e are always pleased to welcome more Friends of course.  Our next venture is to get the Allard Clipper to the Goodwood Revival Meeting as a part of the static displlay.  Ken Kimber one of the Friends has kindly volunteered to take it for me and stay with, and even clean it up a bit beforehand as well.  Edwin would have been delighted to know that everyone is so interested in his cars and me, Andrews and the all the  family wish to thank you all for your support.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Farm Open Day
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 11:39:55 AM »
You're right about the Carl Barnard/Winn coincidence. I was in the Bubble Building when Mike Shepherd came up to me and said; "We've got the Grandson of Russell Winn here, who wants to see you." It took a few moments for that to register through the strange thing that is my mind. I walked down to meet him, half-expecting him to condem the Winn article as the biggest load of old cobblers ever written, but it turns out the family, including Mrs Winn herself, are rather impressed by it. The grandson (terriblly sorry, but I can't recall your name) then went on to recount details of how, after the original three-wheeled City Car became redundent, one of the workforce, who was an ex-wall of death rider, concived the notion of attempting the loop-the-loop with it!!! Apparently they got as far as building the track and making a few half-hearted attempts at it befor Mrs Winn put her foot down about it going any further.....

Hopefully we can persuade Mr Barnard to put pen to paper for us about that??.....