Author Topic: Where and how can I get hold of an Acoma Mini-Comtesse?  (Read 8601 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Where and how can I get hold of an Acoma Mini-Comtesse?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 12:46:32 PM »
talking now as the proud owner of the ex-Tony Yorston Mini-Comtesse, an annoucement from me to the word to say I now have insurance (£168 from carole Nash with a £50 discount for RUM membership would you belive!) and am now all set for the first test wobble in it on Sunday. I also point out that the Comtesse is my one & only road car. If I want to go anywhere, its the Comtesse I'll have to use. Stand by for the next thrilling installment sometime next week....

tony.y

• Just Starting
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2006, 10:35:56 PM »
hi stuart, well how did you get on on your test drive? after driving around your estate trying to find the way out there are so many sharp corners!! hopefully you found a stretch of straight road to get the hang of the direct steering and the gear change.how many kids did you have following you as you drove around? take your time with her and i'm sure you'll get on great and be famous in witney as the man in the toy car.
tony

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 09:48:51 AM »
Hello Tony. You got back home OK then?  Surprizingly enough I found it handled very well, with no noticeable wobbilyness at all. Needless to say it brought the whole estate to a standstill! Just one thing, when you used it, how did it go into top gear? with me it was screaming away and then suddely it goes into top with one heck of a bang that shakes the whole car, which can't be normal. The big lever on the right doesnt seem to do anything at all. Anyone help here?

tony.y

• Just Starting
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 04:57:37 PM »
hi stuart
when you first start the car up and pull off you let the revs/speed build up (not screaming away or you will have a harsh gear change) then you pull out the right hand toggle and keep it pulled out for a minute or two to make sure it doesn't jump out of gear, then let go (when you've done it a few times you will get the timing right). usually after the first manual gear change it will do it all by it's self, but if you feel it should be changing you have the option to do it manually. any other problems? just post them here and i will try to help. maybe its an age thing and you just want to go fast!!!! oops wrong car, but it feels like you are going fast when you do 30 mph especially if a corner is coming up!!
tony
take yor time its only got three wheels