Author Topic: Where and how can I get hold of an Acoma Mini-Comtesse?  (Read 8600 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Where and how can I get hold of an Acoma Mini-Comtesse?
« on: August 09, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »
 The title says it all folks, so over to you. But bear in mind I haven't got a computer, can't speak frence and don't have a passport. I await the flood of replys from the lunatic fringe....

robbie2flippers

Re: Where and how can I get hold of an Acoma Mini-Comtesse?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 07:54:18 PM »
Oh! you don't want a Peel? ::) You and Dad got home from School House Farm OK then? ;D

Dan Rodd

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 10:04:41 PM »
Stuart!why do you want more rubbish(i mean collectors items) littering your garden?!!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 06:05:34 PM »
You know me Dangle Fishing-Rodd, I've always had good taste - that's how I got involved with you!

Hello Bobbie-Umteen-Flippers, yes indeed we did get back ok, four hours this time instead of the six outwards, but then we took a detour up the A34 which saved an hour & half. Just 24 hours latter a car lorry tryed flattening a few cars on the same bit of road we were on though, closing it for seven hours. Just as well it wasn't the A41. (Those who know me will know what I'm on about here!)

Well, I could go out and get a Peel (rekon I can just about afford one if I ferret down the back of the sofa), but lets face it, its been done! Anyway, a mini-commtesse sounds so dreadful youve got to have a look haven you... Watch this space!

(By the way Dangle, thats not rubbish in the garden, its the cat's aventure playground.)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 12:25:38 PM »
Stuart, Ive found one already for you! My friend Donald from france said there was one on ebay that finished unsold with no bids. The starting price was 400 Euros. You can see it by tapping in 220013427656. I know you dont have a computor but you will have to find a friend who does. If you use the ask the seller a question link you should be able to make contact. By funny coincidence the Car resides in a town called Luneville! Im not joking! Wel there we are, Let me know how you get on. Best wishes, Bob P  p.s. I tryed to use your email address but apparently it doesnt exist.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 05:33:44 PM »
I thought I would try to have a look for it for Stuart Bob, but sadly the number you gave doesn't come up on my screen.  I have also tried to search on Acoma Mini-Comtesse and come up with a town in South America and ice-cream maker!!!Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 07:42:17 PM »
Jean, did you tap the number in correctly? Ive just done it again and it comes up every time! Its a sporty little red number, surely Frances answer to the P50.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 09:48:35 PM »
And here it is

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2006, 03:31:36 PM »
Hello everyone. Very many thanks indeed to all those helping me here. After very much deleberation, I've decided not to go for this red one at the current time. Please dont think I'm being ungreatful (quite the reverse) just I may have a bit of a result closer to home. (possibly) so I'm just going to see how that pans out. Please keep all sightings coming though!  :-*

robbie2flippers

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 07:36:45 PM »
Hello Stuart, What is this vehicle you have your eye on? ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 02:47:04 PM »
 Have to wait & see on that for the time being Bob, I can scaresly belive it myself   :o so I'm not saying too much in case it all falls through.... Hopefully after the Natinal I can reveal all.  :-X

That red one's back on french ebay I see, (item 220018240328) with 6 days left to run, stll 400 euros, still no bids.  Can somebody somewhere keep an eye on it for me & report if it sells or not this time round. Is there anyone out there who can speak/write french who could drop the seller a line saying that IF the above developments fall through,  I would be intrested in more details of his one, but it may be in about a months time? Can anyone do that for me? Many tas.  :-*

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2006, 06:36:05 PM »
Hi Stuart, the Mini Comtesse didn't sell this time around, I see.  No wonder, what an absolute shed.  A highly dangerous machine, too, hence the outrigger castors under the front skirts.  Bob Cotton beat me to one of these at a rally several years ago and, in retrospect, I'm very glad he did.  He made a superb job of the restoration - as always - and saved me the job of tipping it over on the first corner I came to!  Anyway, why not go for a Super Comtesse - four wheels, two seats and a nice Motobecane engine tucked away under the back.  My mate John Lipscomb has one at his home in France and you can see a photo of one in the Bruce Weiner Collection gallery.  You find your car, I'll do the interpreting for you in my very best schoolboy French and we'll see where we go from there.  Now that you have a computer, have a look at www.ebay.fr and search for things like "voiturette", "sans permis" or the names of any cars in which you may be interested.  I have a French language Haynes-style book covering the main marques and can copy any relevant pages for you.  Same goes for any other fans of this sort of car.  A bientot et bonne chance avec les recherches!  Cordialement, Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 04:23:16 PM »
Yes folks, the whispers are true. I am now tecnically the owner of a Mini-Comtesse. Mucho details to follow shortly once the deal has fully gone through. Me old palsie Dangle Fishing-Rodd can't seem to fathom out why I wanted one so much, but then, since when have I ever been easy to fathom out, that and the fact my shed's only 3ft by 8ft, so I couldnt exacly buy the Daimiler Hearse I've always fancied just yet.....

Watch this space everyone...... :o :-*