Author Topic: Heinkel Kabine wanted...  (Read 5884 times)

George

• Just Starting
Heinkel Kabine wanted...
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:36:57 AM »
I am searching for a Heinkel Kabine to purchase.  I would prefer a good original or a restored LHD car, but anything will be considered from any location. Any leads would be appreciated.
Contact me at:  george@georgebucquet.com
or 707-822-6641
I am in Arcata,California, USA

Thanks.
Regards, Geo.

inacoma

Re: Heinkel Kabine wanted...
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 11:05:24 AM »
Hi George

Welcome to the Forum.

Heinkel Kabine's are great little bubbles, the extra room in the back compared with the Isetta is very usefull.

They come up on Ebay.co.uk fairly regularaly, but it is going to cost you to get shipped to U.S.A. It might still be worth considering as at least they come up more than in America, and U.S.A. is so large anyway it can still cost you to get it home.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HEINKEL-CABIN-CRUISER-BUBBLE-CAR-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ140222712080QQihZ004QQcategoryZ2192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would reccomend joining the H/T owners club and letting them know you are looking., you probably won't get an absolute bargain as everyone will know what they are worth, but it may give you acces to a car before it gets to Ebay.

http://www.heinkel-trojan-club.co.uk/

There is also www.ebay.de but they seem to sell less in Germany and you may have some language problems.

There is a German heinkel club as well.

Hope this helps.

Would also reccomend subscribing to the Rumcar News magazine as it's great value and you can pay by Paypal

All the best

John

George

• Just Starting
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 06:01:01 PM »
Hi John,
Thanks for the suggestions.  I have joined the H/T club and I follow UK, French, German, and US eBay.
I am planning on getting the RUMcar mag as it looks good.  Even with the exchange rate, buying overseas still looks good as there are so few cars here in the US.  I bought a Messerschmitt in northern Germany once and it turned out to be fun and practical.  You never know where one will turn up and I enjoy that process. Prices have gotten high and there aren't anymore true "bargains",  but good cars do exist and I believe can be found for a fair price.
Yes, the Heinkels are fabulous cars.  I like the design sensabilities and aesthetics.  I had a bubble window Isetta before and have missed it. There is something about the Heinkel that I find even more alluring.
Anyway, thanks for the feedback.  I hope I can report back about a car in the near future.
Until then...
Geo.. 

George

• Just Starting
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 06:03:38 PM »
Hey John,
I can't quite figure out how to post a picture on my profile. Can you help?
Geo.

inacoma

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 08:39:05 AM »
Hi George

For some reason, the last couple of days i can't get onto the main forum. I can only read messages in the unread new messages section

Anyone got any ideas, or is it my computer?

Good luck with your search for the heinkel.

If I see any for sale I will send you the details

John

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 01:26:27 AM »
Hello John:
I saw your posting about five hours ago and I checked it out and it is all working from here. I just re-checked and all the Rumcar pages are coming up as well as all the forum posts. I did notice though that there have been no new posts for six hours or so, since yours. This is strange unless there is a rally or show somewhere and everyone is at that. I think that it is fine, but I will post this reply to make sure. Ian. :)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:23:37 AM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
Hello again John:
I think that it must be your computer. I clicked the link that you sent me and it worked. Since I'm here now shows that. I even edited my last post and it did work. If your computer is bogged down, is it only on this forum, or on all websites? Clean out your cookies with say Ad-Aware (free) and maybe defragment your hard drive to get back up to speed. Ian.

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to Wales I go. ;D In the words of the timeless Peter, Paul and Mary, "I'm leaving on a jet plane", even though the indomitable BobbyBubble believes that I should drive accross the ocean on an okanui, I am leaving in a few hours to your side of the world. Who else is going to the Welsh Festival this weekend? ???
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2008, 12:49:49 PM »
Hello George,
your original post mentions Heinkel Kabine, but as you say you are now a member of the H/T club you are probably familiar with the Trojan verson, as well as the Heinkel-Ireland one. Early Trojans had a small Heinkel bagde as well as the Trojan one. Unless you have a particular reason for wanting a  German Heinkel, the other two variants are worth considering. I, like a lot of UK fans have a Trojan which are more numerous. Trojans lack a few details found on Hs, such as a clock, and the early 175 cc engine is well-regarded. Some Ts and H/Is are LHD.
The extra room really is useful. I drove a bride and her Father to church for her wedding, he is about 60 and medium-llarge size, but he managed eventually to squeeze into the back seat for the short trip. Later I took bride and groom to reception. It was a paid gig, and a lot of fun for all. The Dad has a great collection of classics, including a superb Rover P5, Daimler, BMW and even a white RR, but decided to surprise his daughter...and she loved it. Try that in an Isetta or Schmitt!
Good luck in your search.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2008, 02:14:22 PM »
Hi cuscus47. The indomitable here! I cant see why you cant get your s--z waggons here by raft, if the Kontiki expedition could do it so can you! Have fun in Wales but beware, here be dragons! If you find yourself Essex way please drop by to see my Inter. Cheers, Bob

George

• Just Starting
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 12:48:09 AM »
Hello Paul,
Yes, I said Heinkel Kabine, but a Trojan would be just fine, although I would like a LHD car.
Thanks for bringing that up.
Geo.

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 07:46:02 AM »
Hi

This one is for sale in the U.K.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300217186487&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=020 

It was on sale about a year ago on Ebay.

It's a right hand drive which I know is not ideal, but will give you an idea of values.

As a mater of interest, when driving alone I tend to addopt a a more central seating position, and as the cars are so narrow I think if you do get a R.H.D. example at the right price you probably wouldn't find it too difficult, you have all around windows anyway, so it's easy to look over your shoulder either side.

Good luck

John

Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 09:26:30 AM »
Hello. Is that absolutely gorgeous John? We wondered what happen to you, welcome back! I had to laugh when I read the description for this one " It starts but lacks umph!", surely they all lack umph even when they are running well!?, its like putting a morris minor engine in an e type Jag and complaining that its not as lively as it could be! Shame about the paint job, I would lay high odds that the new owner will be cutting it back to a single colour. Love the tartan trim though, whats yours trimed out in John?

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »
Hi Bob

I don't dislike the colour with the graduation. I have seen a lot worse.

my trim is red leaterette with whie piping.

i will try to send you a picture

All the best

john
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

George

• Just Starting
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 08:58:03 PM »
Hi John,
Yes, I saw that one.  I don't think it is the car for me.  There is one for me out there, somewhere...
geo.