Author Topic: Insurance?  (Read 3062 times)

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Insurance?
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:08:48 PM »
Who do you insure your car/s with?
What do you pay and do you have multiple cars insured? Also what value do you insure them for?
Cream Mk1 Scootacar

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
Re: Insurance?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 10:44:46 PM »
Hi

I am with Footman James, heinkel @£99 per year fully comp. no claims protected.

john
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:01:50 PM »
 I'm with Carole Nash with the Mini-Comtesse as my sole car.  27-year old driver, (me!) 1,500 miles limited, fully-comp, £50 excess, total cost to me; £186 but coming down to £139 after the first year NCB.  Footman James refused to even quote for me. In fact I've never had any sense at all out of Footman James no matter what sort of vehicle I've laid before them, whereas I found Carole Nash can, would and do bend over backwards to help.....

In fact, when I first contacted Carole Nash about a quote for the Comtesse, I was discribing it to the chap on the other end of the phone, then some others in the office wanted to hear about it, then thhey said they'd get back to me within 24 hours. One day later on the dot the chap came back to me & said the whole office had made it their number-one priority that morning to find me good insurance & get the Mini-Comtesse on their books, becuse everyone was so keen to find out more about this 47cc tricycle being presented to them.   ;D  Now that's what I call service!  I sent them a photo of it when I sent my cheque in.....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:13:23 AM »
I'm with Lancaster, £108 with agreed valuation. Was with Footman James which gives you breakdown cover but its a few quid more.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 06:49:33 PM »
will give them all a try. I'm 26, so may be interesting!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar