Author Topic: problems on my kr 200  (Read 2491 times)

maicomophil

• Occasional
problems on my kr 200
« on: April 30, 2008, 10:23:36 PM »
hello,
i've got some problems on my kr. nearly ending the restoration, we found a problem with the charge of the battery.
i explain to you: when we put the contact, the light of the charge is not lightning, and instead of disapearring when the engine is running, the light is standing! but in reverse gear all seems to work the tight way, with the contact the light is there, and disappearing when it is running. any idea of our mistake, or misdone?
any plans of the electrical system with colours will be really welcome.
the little other problem is with indicators, the round box is dead, any idea where i can buy one new,??
phil paris france
philippe-devant@wanadoo.fr

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: problems on my kr 200
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 09:47:50 AM »
Hi Phillipe. I have emailed you the diagram. You may have made a mistake with the wiring but it is equally possible that something in the black box is faulty, maybe the reverse change over solonoid is jammed in reverse, does it make a cluncking noise when switched from forwards to reverse? Maybe the voltage regulator pionts are stuck together. The indicator /flasher units can be bought from the Messerschmitt owners club in the UK but I think you will find that they are the same as the unit used in many other 12 volt cars of the same period, if you take it to a car spares shop they will most likely match it, this is how I found a new one for my KR200. We hope you solve the problem .
 Bob.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:51:34 AM by bobbybubble »

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
Re: problems on my kr 200
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:09:27 PM »
The flasher units are on ebay all of the time - search for Lucas FL5 .
Check the wiring to be the switch and the FL5 unit before purchasing though.
Cream Mk1 Scootacar