Author Topic: Microcars discovered on the Pathe Archive  (Read 157927 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Microcars discovered on the Pathe Archive
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 07:19:07 PM »
Hi Jim, I thought it may have been an Electra King it has that kind of look.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 07:47:04 PM »
I think that you both are incorrect.  I don't think that the Town Shopper had doors or a roof.  I have an Electric Shopper and if it is the fiberglass model, it is the car that looks as if it is smiling at you (see Jim's advert).  It is definitely not an Electric Shopper, besides they came only as 3-wheel.  Initially I thought of the Electra King, as did Blob, however they always had a trunk (boot to you chaps).   I believe that it is a later model of the Electricar (circa 1958-60), made by the Boulevard Machine Works (BMW) in Hollywood, California.  This had a station wagon body such as in the clip.  They made three models, two of them were 3-wheel (Cutie Junior and Cutie) and the 4 wheel model was the Boulevard wagon.   8)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 08:00:57 PM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 10:35:54 PM »
 Is it by any chance a Mk 1 Electrodyne, dating from about 1959-60? A 1962 Mk 2 model was discussed on this forum a little while back & here's the link.....

http://www.rumcars.org/forum/index.php?topic=1159.0

.... and a differant angle of the car for futher convincing....

« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 10:42:27 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 10:48:16 PM »
I don't think so Stuart:

also- compare this side view with the Electrodyne: