Author Topic: NMCR website launched  (Read 4572 times)

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
NMCR website launched
« on: May 16, 2008, 02:32:22 PM »
The fund administrators and pleased to announce the launch of a new website dedicated to promoting the NMCR and archiving previous events.
The site is in its early stages of development and we hope to add to the archives, so if you happen to have any programmes, photographs etc. please get in contact.
Please check it out at www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk and be sure to pass the word around to all interested. Updates regarding this years rally will be posted on the site as more details become available.

Grant, Jenny and Grenville

« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 08:45:37 PM by scootacar »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: NMCR website launched
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 06:13:06 PM »
 And what a truly faboulous site it is and all. I've already spent several hours looking round it and its already answered one long-held ponderance of mine, listing the venue for every single rally.  I just love these sorts of detail....  ;D   Well done Grant for producing such a spiffing site for sore eyes.   :-*

Here's a direct link;

http://www.national-microcar-rally.co.uk/

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
Yes its a real fantastic site of the NMR. It is sad anyway its 18 ago now i've been there last time.

Cheers

Ferdi

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »
Well done, a site that was long overdue. It comes up on a google search too and not too far down the list so it should be found relatively easily by newly interested folk. Got back from Beaulieu late last night, number of microcar parts found, ZERO! Maybe some will do better today.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 09:35:46 PM »
 As so not end up having off-topic bits within other subjects, I've lifted my question about the NMCR website & my viewing of it from where it was to here, thus putting it on-topic......

"....On more or less a similer topic, can everyone else see ALL the writting OK on Grant's National Microcar Rally website or is it my computer being funny? All I get is the pictuers and a FEW of the words. Most of the front page is just large amounts of blank & no captions to the pictures in the gallerys either.  Any suggestions as to why anyone?"

Since writting the above, I've had a mate of mine I chat to on messenger check the site over, & he can apparently see everything just fine.  Tis my computer methinks......

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 09:51:48 PM »

Since writting the above, I've had a mate of mine I chat to on messenger check the site over, & he can apparently see everything just fine.  Tis my computer methinks......

no it is not, now that I have the address, I find that it looks all wacky on mine, only one image on the main page loads and there is missing text and other images.
something is not right with the layout and it may appear fine depending on what Operating System and web browser you are using.
It does not work properly with Safari or Firefox, but looks fine in Camino
apparently it works fine with Internet Exploder, but I don't use that - and it may work fine with some "versions" of it and not with others.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 09:58:05 PM »

It does not work properly with Safari or Firefox, but looks fine in Camino
apparently it works fine with Internet Exploder, but I don't use that - and it may work fine with some "versions" of it and not with others.

Ah, now that explains it. We use Firefox. Thanks Jim, that's a relief. No need for me to chuck the computer out the window just yet then.  Thinking about it, this probibly also accounts for why I can't pick up the R3W forum anymore since they moved to a new server the other week.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:02:37 PM by Stuart Cyphus »