Author Topic: Slow-Run at the National  (Read 30610 times)

TREBOR

Re: Slow-Run at the National
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2008, 06:49:37 PM »
Someone got a Peel we don't know of?

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
  Look after her. Don't want to see the plastic broken or paint scratched. Have fun.

I'll try not to scratch it. After all, you don't want to have to respray it again after all this time....   ;)  :-*

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
Is this what you had in mind for the short run?! Looks like some kind of sans permis banger racing, not suitable for peels!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 11:59:27 AM by Bob Purton »

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 12:11:03 PM »
Where is this place? I'm going to sound sacrilegious but it looks like fun!

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »
Great idea for the 'field' event at the next open day at the farm.Stuart with his history of banger racing can arrange the course ,Nick D can bring his Tuk Tuk and take passengers.........
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2008, 04:26:21 PM »
Stuart. errr that fiat 126 looks perfectly restorable to me!!!
Blob. The pictures are from Roland Duret, I dont know where the event took place but the observation was made by Stuart I think a while back that the french dont yet appeciate there later sans permis cars and I think this just about proves it! Does look fun though as you say. Did anyone notice the Mini comtess policecar in picture two!                   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 04:30:08 PM by Bob Purton »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 06:51:13 PM »
Yeh yeh, so you say, it looks almost concours in the photo!

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
Re: The National
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 07:59:49 PM »
Hi

So who else is off to the national next week?

John
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2008, 08:29:38 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I have a change of plan re going to the National this weekend.

Due to the fact that the rain is so heavy, if there is an improvement by late tonight (Friday) i will be driving up first thing on Saturday and staying for the day. If the rail is still the same tonight I won't be coming.

Fingers crossed ???????????????????

All the best

John
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2008, 09:02:33 AM »
Sorry to disapoint john, but I think it'll still be raining tonight. Saturday's supposed to have some dry periods though.  :-\
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:42:50 AM by blob »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 04:24:28 PM »
 Ooooh you fair-weathered lot!  ;D  :-*  The I.C.R is going to be there come what may. In fact the van's all loaded right now with the mystery road run loan vehicle which is small, red, plasticky, Perspexy & only a single-seat version. It'll be there on the Slow Run start line come 11am tommorow. Then you can all see what it is......   :o

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2008, 04:57:57 PM »
Hey Stuart:  I think that you have given those clues before.  How about some different ones, especially for those of us that can't be there.  Do we have to wait as well?  Ian.  Well ....its less than a day away anyway!!!! ::)
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2008, 05:18:45 PM »
Hey Stuart:  I think that you have given those clues before.  How about some different ones, especially for those of us that can't be there.  Do we have to wait as well?  Ian.  Well ....its less than a day away anyway!!!! ::)

Oooh, now if we give much more detail away, the Peel Mafia's bound to spot it before tomorow. Then they woun't have the joy of seeing the body lift up when the motor is shown off.....

Oh all right, my arm's been twisted, here's the last & final clue.  Tony Marshall was quite involved with these for a short period in the mid '70s......   ;)   ;D

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:46 PM »
          Am I the only one driving my Microcar to the National Rally!!! I'll start of early tommrow morning and hope to get to the rally between 9 -10 in the morning, just enough time to put up my tent and go on the road-run.
      Its about 160 miles for me to drive so I will set off about 4.30 in the morning (less traffis about) See you there with your trailers!!!
                                                                                                                                                                                                 Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »
Just returned from WATERWORLD oh I mean the National rally. The site was left as a complete mud bath! My hat is off to the Bug club for soldiering on through awfully conditions to make a success of the rally!! Great runs out despite the rain and we saw a few treats as well, a great Berkeley B105, two lovely little Subaru's, Stuarts mystery car turned out to be some battery powered shopping trolly as expected. The funniest thing we saw today as the show ended was a spectacular run by Mike shepherd, amidst all the camper vans being pulled off the waterlogged field by a tractor Mike in his Goggo coupe decided to just go for it, he starter off at the dry end of the field and just charged at speed for the muudy end and to our suprise power glided over the lot and staight out of the gate! , I wish I had it on film!