Author Topic: L@@K at these Stuart  (Read 11561 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: L@@K at these Stuart
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »
Well he didnt write his gospel untill a good thirty years after the others so why cover old ground. You are right, no micocars mentioned in the gospels but what about in the Acts when Philip hops onto the etheopians chariot to explain the scroll of Isaiah? Might have been a microchariot?!!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »
 The bible does mention the Standard-Triumph company though. I'm not sure which passage it's in, but I think its something to do with the start of Holy Week, on the entery into Jerusulem;  "Jesus rode in; rejubliant in his Triumph..."   Was it a Herald we wonder? Or even a Herod, concidering what happoned at the end of the week.....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »
Oh very good Stuart! I just thought of another, Luke 19:12 a parable about  "A certain Nobleman" Slight difference in spelling  due to the translation from the Greek but the guy obviously owned a Nobel. Plenty of vehicles mention in the hebrew scriptures though, especially icecream vans, what, never heard of "Walls of Jericho" or "Lyonns of Judah"? Now its getting silly, who started all this?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 05:14:56 PM by bobbybubble »

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:31 PM »
er - that would be me, then.  Sorry about that!  The ice cream line had Aileen in stitches - we'll make a microcar enthusiast of her yet!

Next thing we know, she'll be ripping up the tarmac in our Qpod.  Did I say "our"?  Oh, dear...
Can't see her at the helm of that Simson Duo somehow.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2008, 10:07:01 PM »

Can we yet see you at the helm though......    ;)

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
    Was it a Herald we wonder? Or even a Herod, concidering what happoned at the end of the week.....

No, hang on a tic, Herod was in the Christmas story wasn't he, not Holy Week. That was Pontius (Ford V8) Pilot (sic) I was thinking of.  Blimey, I used to go out with a theology student a few years back, & he could quote anything & everything from the bible chapter & verse. Evidently none of it rubbed off on me!

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2008, 09:16:45 AM »

Can we yet see you at the helm though......    ;)

Let's hope so...
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 12:43:22 AM »
Oh, well, I didn't "win" the Simson Duo.  I took it to £550 but two other people had deeper pockets and it ended up at £629.
Back to the drawing board, then - or more probably www.ebay.de!

Nick D.

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2008, 09:55:27 PM »
The Harlow Safari will be joining the DCCC on Saturday 2 August, collecting it on the way to the National Rally of the National Autocycle & Cyclemotor Club at Sacrewell Farm Park near Peterborough.  You now know where you have to be if you want to be among the first to sample the delights of this piece of motoring history.

I've been in touch with my (other) invalid carriage guru at Cinque Ports Mobility in Folkestone and they're sending me a brochure as they used to be agents for E&J.  Copy
on the way to the ICR, naturally, also to cuscus47 if you need one Ian!  I broached the subject of deristriction.  "Piece of p**s, my firend"  They tweaked one for an old boy who lived on a hill and needed a bit more oomph for a run-up.  Looks like there's a washer in the inlet manifold to strangle the airflow and some sort of stop on the throttle cable.  Sort these out and it'll do the thick end of 20mph.  Problems may arise when I try to stop a 20mph conveyance with 8mph brakes...

Unfortunately it's illegal to use a petrol-powered conveyance on the path these days and Mr Plod will have kittens if I drive it on the road with no MoT (no specs for Class 3 vehicles apparently), no tax, probably no insurance and (so far) no disability.  Looks like it's a strictly fun vehicle apart from the odd sneaky run up my road to impress the neighbours.

Amities a tous et a toutes (off to France at Oh Christ Hundred hours Monday for a quick run to Brittany so I need the practice!)
Nick D.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2008, 10:18:31 PM »
Congratulations Nick.  They are fun.  If you figure out how to increase speed let me know.  I do have a copy of a copy of the complete operators manual if needed.  Stuart does as well.  Even though I live in flat ground, in first gear there is great pull, which you'll probably need for the hill by you.  :)  Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 12:15:27 AM »