Author Topic: L@@K at these Stuart  (Read 11582 times)

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: L@@K at these Stuart
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 08:44:31 PM »
 ??? I presume that the seller is referring to my Everest. It was in superb condition, not parts as these are. I do not know any others at all, anywhere, so his statement that they are very popular in USA is a little stretched. They are a great little vehicle but these appear to need quite a bit of work.I saw them when they first came on and had to take a second look, couldn't believe his price. ::)
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34:21 PM »
 As expected, the pair finished unsold with no bids placed. I wonder what "Collectors club" it was that he also had them advertised with? It certianly wasn't the I.C.R or even the RUM.  Popular in the USA? Ian Helling (cuscus47) does indeed have the ONLY one in the states, but then again, it's very popular with him, so the vendor is partly right at any rate!  ;D

Interesting to notice that these two E & J's are both located in Harlow, Essex, and that Ian's example ALSO hailed from Harlow. Did the current vendors rush out & scour the nation for only the second & third-known petrol E & J's after seeing Ian's original selling, or has Harlow always been a hotbed for congregations of Safari expiditions if we but knew it.....  ??? 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 03:11:32 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »
Nice analysis and comments, Stuart.
Mine did come from Harlow as well but a different seller.  I think I'll wait until they are down in price and then may consider them for companions to mine.  It was also strange that the seller said he'd sell to overseas buyers, but wants quick pickup and cash only.  Hard to do from across the pond (s).  Ian.

post-script.  I must admit though, everyone here that sees it, must drive it, and their smile is wider than the vehicle when they're finished.  ;D
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 04:31:50 PM »
 Here we go again; another Everest & Jennings Safari & yet again it's located in Harlow!  :o  This time it's the other seller who sold Cuscus47 his one, rather than the one who was selling the pair back at the end of May.

This is all too much of a coincidance now. Four differant(?) Safari's, all in Harlow & with two differant(?) sellers. Methinks there's a bit of intermingling going on somewhere up in Harlow....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sarfari-Invalid-carrage-by-Everest-Jennings-Rare-Item_W0QQitemZ290243050618QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290243050618&_trkparms=72%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 05:40:59 PM »
I agree Stuart.  I was wondering if this seller John bought the others hoping to sell at profit?  ::) The original one I bought is used nearly every day in town, and of course for trial runs by all who are game.  It was (is) in great condition and was worth the money, but may have been above the market price. It has very low hours and the only noticeable fault is a miss-matched tyre on rear.     ;D
I don't know if this one is in the same condition.  Ian.

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:34:31 PM »
This is the same type of vehicle that narrowly missed becoming part of the Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics.  When I was researching it I called the dealer who'd sold it and he let me into a little secret - if I bought it, he'd tell me how to de-restrict it to unleash the full potential of the Honda engine.

Now I have a problem.  Do I want this or the orange Simson Duo?  I drove the latter at a rally years ago and decided that one day I'd have one.  Has that day come?  Where will I hide it from Mrs Devonport?

Regards
Nick D.

Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:44:26 PM »
Now I have a problem.  Do I want this or the orange Simson Duo?

Buy both man! You know you want to.....   ;)

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 09:30:53 PM »
Get thee behind me, Satan! (Luke 4:8 ).
I don't need any encouragement!
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 09:35:43 PM »
Get thee behind me, Satan!

'ere, you don't spell "Stuart" like that!....    ;D  ;)

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2008, 05:02:35 AM »
I remember that several people have told me that you can over-ride the governor on the Honda engine but no one knew how to do it.  It does idle over with plenty of power even at 8mph or so.  I really do not know if a higher speed is necessary but could be usefull at times.  The only thing that I find aggravating is the accelerator/brake pedal that you rock for speed or brake.  When going forward for a long distance your ankle becomes tired for the pressure forward to maintain the speed.  I think that a hand throttle would be better than a faster engine, but then, both may be nice.   8)
I think that you would be pleased with one Nick, entirely different than your Poirier!

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2008, 03:24:57 PM »
OK, get thee behind me Stuart - but I can't find the reference in my Bible for that one.

The restriction was in the gear change I was told, removing it gives you another couple of gears.
The E&J looks like a fun machine but as a non-disabled driver I'd be subject to all the usual
nonsense of MoT, tax and insurance unless I could sneak it on to my Rider Policy at Footman James.

I have a tame MoT examiner at the moment so a test wouldm't be a problem...

Did you get the Mini Comtesse sorted, Satan? - sorry, Stuart?

Nick D.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 11:13:03 PM »
Get thee behind me, Satan! (Luke 4:8 ).
I don't need any encouragement!
Nick, I think you will find that its Matthew 16:23

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 11:37:44 PM »

burford57

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2008, 12:37:38 PM »
Quite right, bobbybubble, it appears in Matthew's, Mark's (8:33) and Luke's gospels.
John doesn't quote it but he was always a bit off the wall apparently, his accounts
of the early Christian movement differing widely from those of the other three writers.

Oddly enough, none of them mention microcars at all!

Nick D.