Author Topic: AC Acedes going FREE!  (Read 4938 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
AC Acedes going FREE!
« on: August 17, 2006, 02:33:18 PM »
                             FREE     FREE     FREE     FREE     FREE      FREE     FREE

Late 1960s metal-bodied AC Acedes hard-top going FREE. But be quick as the scrapman's already been called. SOMEBODY SAVE IT PLEASE!  Call Mark Stevens on 0118 9426496. Car located in Surrey.

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
Re: AC Acedes going FREE!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 03:58:59 PM »
Well done eveyone, this vehicle has been saved, literally hours away from being scrapped. But what a sirprise as to who actully did the deed, concidering some of his comments previusly.

Stand up Bob Purton, and recive the appluse of the assembled crowd, now tell us all about it! (couse, you know why he rushed out & bagged this dont you, everyone's desperate to join the invalid carriage line in less than two weeks time at the natinal!)

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 10:15:30 PM »
I don't BELEEEEIIIIVE it ! Can it be true?
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 09:22:17 AM »
Well its the only IC with a cute face like its big brother the Petite! As all you guys think they are so wonderful {I notice that none of you wanted it!} I thought it might be a wise investment.Do you think I paid too much for it? My wife does! She also said when I got home with it "GET THAT THING OFF THE DRIVE BEFORE THE NEIGHBOURS SEE IT" !!! and you think I'M a snob!! I wont be doing anything with it for a long time. The floor is rotted out, I was thinking of offering it to Fred Flintstone! Stuart, I will be forwarding you the details.It would seem that this foolhardy act has propelled me from being the bad boy of the forum to some kind of hero at least in Stuarts eyes, this cannot continue, I have a reputation to keep up!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 12:14:31 PM by bobbybubble »

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:12:43 PM »
 OK, food for thought, so, the case from my perspective. I was told of this vehicle about two hours before I put the first post up, I would have bagged it myself but the only space we have left currently has the Harding sat on it. Plus the AC was in Surrey & I'm in Oxford. We tow with a tractor, the scrapman was on his way, & the tractor only does 12mph and 9mpg! Hence the emergency call on the forum, which was answered by the all-powerful bobbybubble.

Who cares who bagged it so long as someone DID! The ICR dosent! Nice one Bob. By the way, I in no way concider Bob a snob or a bad boy (And I hope no one else does either!), I liked him even before the forum thing got under way. (He has Inter's. They are "Differant". Differant is Nice!

Anyway Bob, to answer your question as regards paying too much. Humm, lest see, an old invalid carriage, you got it for nothing.... Yep, I'm afreid you did pay rather too much!!!! Surely he should have paid YOU to take it away!

Come on then, we all know the real reason why youve got this. I expect to see it on the line on September 3rd you know. Oh hang on, youre on holiday that weekend. Well, cancel the Holiday man! You know where youd rather be.... 

Right, I'm off before you set your wife on me for saying that!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2006, 08:51:51 PM »
What? Does this mean you will be towing your steads from Oxford to Southwell by tractor ? You had better set off now! I am sorry I wont be joining eveyone at the national, I thought last years one at Southwell was a real corker! My wife is not to bad really, she is actually quite a microcar fan, her favorites include the solyto van, the Paul Vallie chanticlier, Tourette Supreme, Allard Clipper to name but a few, notice like us she favours unusual ones. She used a Bamby as every day transport for a couple of years before she got a Berkeley, now she drives the Virgo but will soon be changing it for a G-wiz EV.   Right Stuart, the AC chassis number is MH2686, there is no registration number and no documentation. As you already know its a 1965 Acedes Mk 11. I cant find an engine ID plate on the engine and Im not even sure what model villiers it is, perhaps you can tell me. Well thats all for now. 

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 07:59:08 PM »
Hi Rob, pleased to see that you have joined the Dark Side at last!  From a very hazy memory, my 1967 AC Acedes rag top had a Villiers 9E engine tucked away in the back.  Hope to see this fine vehicle on the circuit soon.  We love you really, oh yes we do.  Somehow I have to figure out how to drag the Tuk Tuk and the Poirier to Southwell - the BX bucks like nobody's business when I tow with it so it looks like the old faithfull camper once more: marginally faster and slightly more economical than Stuart's tractor!  Regards, Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 08:48:09 PM »
Why its Mr Patel! Yer I thought it might be a 9E but I seem to remember hearing that they used 11E's but that was proberbly the later Invacars. Sorry to disappiont you but im still having trouble whipping up enthusiasm for these vehicles, It just so happen that I was going to Dorking that saturday to deliver a barometer and was going right past the place so I thought I ought to pick it up. I can fully understand your passion for tuktuks though, I thought it was great!! Have fun at the national Nick...

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2006, 06:16:35 PM »
 Right then, first things first. The AC Acedes used the Mk 11E lump from 1962. Fairly sure on that point "on the spot" as it were. Its written in my little publication due out on Rally Day, so everyone can look it up in there! (£2.50 on rally day, £3 by post thereafter)

Dosent look like we will be towing with the tractor after all, as work has let us borrow what must be the worlds rattyest old Ford Transit. (being the only van avalible that we can fit the Harding, at 5ft tall, in. Trouble is, the electrics (on the van) are rather suspect so the doors only unlock when they feel like it and the alarm keeps going off for no reaon, also when it feels like it. So I warn everyone right now, if an alarm wakes you up at 4am, itl be us and the van in city link colours! Plus it only starts when it feels like it.

Its going to be one of those weekends, I can see it coming... Still, should put us in the running for the "bravist jurney" award. But there must be easer ways.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 09:56:27 AM »
Thanks stuart, Ive now found the engine ID plate and how right you are , it is an 11e!!  I have unsiezed the engine already but thats as far as it will go for now. There are a few parts missing ie the fan, the top cowling, and the dynastart cover has been set about with a hacksaw! If anyone can help with these parts please let me know. Thanks.BobP  [Badboy]

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2006, 08:26:00 PM »
Now then Mr.P now you appear to be finding the identification marks on your latest acquisition don't forget to get it officially registered with Rum Cars,   the same applies to Mike and the Coronet although I know in his case all identification marks have been filed off or taken off  (why do people do this).  It may be already on the Register but until we can trace its history we shall never know.  Apparently all that is known so far is it was sold by someone in East Anglia to a gentleman in Southampton.  If any one can help us please do.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars