Author Topic: Bond in France  (Read 1923 times)

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Bond in France
« on: June 05, 2008, 12:39:13 AM »
Hi folks

Just back from a few days in France with the NACC Irregulars on a rally up near the Belgian border.
A great time was had by all despite the bloody a wful weather.  One of the highlights for me was
driving a Mini Comtesse in Sars Poteries.  The owner, Sylvie Bre, won a prize for driving the course
in it.

Her partner has a Bond, formerly registered UCH 668, with a trick hard top operated by a home-made
system of pulleys and cables.  There are also spring-loaded plywood panels in the wings, presumably
in an effort to cut down the vibrations.

Michel would like to know more about the machine's history and if any former owners are out there
perhaps they'd like to contact me?  nick_devonport@hotmail.com will find me.  I think that one owner
was a guy called Keith from Mansfield - I've forgotten his surname in what we'll put down to a senior
moment.

I hope that between us we can fill in some of the gaps in the car's history.

Regards
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

Grant Kearney

• Quite Chatty
Re: Bond in France
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 10:35:47 PM »
The current owner of UCH668 should join the Bond Owners Club as there is a wealth of information available for this particular modified MkF.  The conversion was carried out by a well known Bonder in the 70's and its been in the club since.  Last activley used by Keith Mellors from Mansfield,  then restored by its new owner before being 'E-Bayed' last year.