Author Topic: RUMCAR OPEN DAY  (Read 33784 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: RUMCAR OPEN DAY
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
Just checked the weather forecast for tomorrow and its looking good! See you all at the farm.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »
hadnt realised it was on tomorrow,but it is 187 miles away which would take about 5 hours in the Fox so too far anyway ;D

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2008, 11:29:19 PM »
Next year I will make it for sure.  I hope that the weather is remarkable and that everyone has a great time.  I will be thinking of all the camaraderie from across the pond.  Ian.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 10:17:28 PM »
Well, we have just returned from yet another cracking day down at the farm! The highlight of the day for me was haveing a go on Marcus's drum car, it couldnt have been pleasent for everone else as I had a go at drumming at the same time. What a racket!!! Many thanks Jean for hosting a nice friendly low key event, just as we like it. The weather was fine too!.

rokraider

• Occasional
  • Flying round the universe in Fireball XL-5
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 08:38:17 AM »
It was my first outing with the Eccles. Thank you for making me feel welcome. It was a super, low key event, the weather was fantastic and I really enjoyed looking at the variety of Microcars and the brilliant Drum Car. The Inter looks even better in flesh...Lovely!
It was great to be able to put my Eccles alongside Jeans and see the differences (suprisingly few seeing they are different models).
Thank you Jean and family for organising a superb day out.
Hopefully see you all at the National with the Eccles sporting some bodywork. :)
Eccles  Ryder (Jennifer) , 3 wheeled electric cart.  Assorted Jeeps n things.

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2008, 10:40:35 AM »
Yes ,another great day out , After spending many hours restoring the Inter i hope Bobs not too upset by being upstaged by marcus's Drum machine! ( no the Inter was my highlight ,just )
Thanks to Stuart for letting me have a go in the Mini Comtesse ,and to all the attendees and assistants and Jean and family.
 Weather was great for the journey down from Norfolk and the day at the farm, but a huge thunderstorm at the join of the M11 and A11 meant i had to park up for 10 mins ,there was so much water that there was a 'fog' about three feet off the ground wtih the spray of the rain drops! The Fiat 500 ran well even in the late afternoon heat and the deluge....

Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2008, 11:58:21 AM »
To the contrary Dave, having driven both, the drumcar wins hands down! The disappiontment of the day for me was the huge amount of my time taken up by the car mag photographer, I felt robbed of an afternoons microchat with the boys. Also forfieted my ride in Stuarts Minicomtesse yet again! Never the less wasnt it a good day?!!

barchetta

• Chatty
  • ready for a road run summer 2006
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
Bob, Yes ,I can only agree with you about the press folk, I can remember being dragged agross the countryside at rediculous times in the morning to be filmed in my car only to watch the programme to find all the bits with my car in consigned to the cutting room floor!
At least it raises the profile of our hobby ,Hopefully you'll get a free copy of the mag in question....
Fiat 500L ,Motobecane 40T & 51V ,Victoria Vicky 117,Trojan Mini-motor,, Honda p50 ,PC50 and NF75, BSA Bantam D10,Raleigh Wisp,Raleigh RM4 ,Garelli Katia and Eurika,

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2008, 01:11:13 PM »
The Inter wins hands down. I don't mean at RUM. I mean period. What micro comes close for the WOW factor?!(save a Trident as they'll always be my fave!) Bob's restoration is utterly peerless. The Interior is obscene!

But as a vehicle it is simply fantastic. The styling details are incredible.  The rear ally vent is a work of art.

Then there's the starting procedure via a gyrostarter.  Talk about unique!

I want one!  Now what I have I got to sell to get one?!! Kidney anyone?!!!
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »
Thanks Perry, what was the price we agreed for you to say all that? £20.00 wasn't it? Cheque's in the post! You want one even with obscene interior? Oh, you should have said. If I hear of anything that comes up I shall keep you posted, the main problem being that your kidney could be past its sell by date before we sniff one out.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 04:06:25 PM »
the main problem being that your kidney could be past its sell by date before we sniff one out.

Oh don't say that!  One will turn up. it's a waiting game...   

With a bit of luck the 2000km from new one owner Inter will crop up in St Tropez.  What a horrible place to spend a few days!!  Dreaming again!  Sigh....  ::)  ::)  ::)   ::)  ::)   ::)   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 04:34:41 PM »
 From the day's (apparent) Officail Photographer, the first photos to be posted of Open Day 2008......

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2008, 05:10:38 PM »
Huge thanks to the entire Hammond Family for such a fun, relaxing, friendly and happy day which Carla enjoyed as much as I did. I love Bob's Inter, Mike's Goggo Coupe, and it was great bumpy fun to drive a Comtesse and go for a spin in a Berkely. I only wish the day had been longer because I had to go before I even had a decent look/chat about the Eccles and the Honda Insight. I hope people were not too bothered by the occasional racket from my contraption, and Carla has now posted 2 short videos on you tube ( type in drumcar or drum car and you should find them), for anyone not yet sick of the sightand sound of it! look forward to next one.
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 12:17:43 AM »
Fantastic pics of Jeans open day mates. Its so sad its so far away from me. Wish i was there though!

all the best

Ferdi

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 08:40:49 AM »
Hi

A great day out.

A big thank you to Jean and Family for making the whole thing possible.

Thank you for the great weather as well.

Best day out for months

John

XX
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor