Author Topic: Bath.  (Read 8928 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Bath.
« on: June 30, 2008, 08:58:03 AM »
Who's going to Bath [ keynsham ] next weekend? It should be a good e'n. From what I have heard there should be a few unusual microcars there!

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bath.
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 09:53:35 AM »
Bob, have you decided what you're taking? I'd love to see the Inter there.  :-*

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:20 PM »
I still havnt decided, I would like to take the Inter but it would mean forfieting the run which for me is a highlight. It also depends on the weather, as the Inter is the Torpedo model [topless] with no cover as yet, I wouldnt want it filling up with water! It would be good if we could get a few more Rumsters to the event.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
Hi Bob
          I'm going down to Bath on Sunday morning, and taking Blob, I am going in my Nissan probably towing my Bamby - I will also be taking down my brochues for sale, as you know I have been collecting them for 20 years and I have some unususal ones for sale includinig a Messerschmitt tiger this is the full 4 page brochure in english a collection of Breutsch brochures incliding the avolette, Vespa 400, Rodley, AC Petite, Frisky, as well as the nomal Heinkel Isetta and Messerschmitt - I will be taking over 200 brochured of microcars. I will also be selling my photos including some rare ones that even I dont recogise so get there eary. I will also be selling my collection of toys which includes Bandai bond bug, Bandai Isetta both red and green various spot on corgi of the frisky, isetta, heinkel, goggomobil, plus the other Microcar toys that I have collected over the years. I am selling this to finance the restoration of my newest Microcar!!!
                                                                                                                                                          Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
Hi G-o-g-g-o. Dont forget your flying helmet and goggles for the photo we planned.

g-o-g-g-o

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 02:36:25 PM »
Hi Bob
          I've not forgotton - see you sunday morning. I also clearing out my microcar books and I shall be seliing Kleinwagen Internatonal by Walter Zeichner, this an original copy not the reprint it is in German but I contributed to it on the British side - a wonderful book, I'll also be bringing my other microcar books that I have collected over the past 10 years plus a spare copy of Microcar Stories by Jan DeLang.
                                                                                                                                                          Mike

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »
Hi all. I decided to go to Bath on the sunday only as I had a lot of trouble getting the Inter out of the work shop and through the sideway with wheels folded in. Because this one has hydraulic brakes I had to disconnect them, finally bleeding them this afternoon. I took it for a brief test flight up the road whilst looking out for the fuzz as its not registered yet and I'm really quite chuffed with it! The home engineered replica hubs and brakes all work splendidly, all the gears work and select fine including a true reverse gear, not reverse dynastart. The wind in your hair expereince that you only get with aero screened cars was sensasonal and thats without the hair! It was also a pleasure to leave the engine noise behind as I'm used to it bouncing all around the inside of a messerschmitt dome. Oh boy, is this gonna be fun!!!  Must now get ready for an early start for Bath in the morning.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          BREATH IN!                                                             
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 03:43:36 PM by bobbybubble »

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 03:55:31 PM »
 There's only one word for that Inter, or rather, only one face, and that is....   :o   Will it be at Jeans?

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 05:38:51 PM »
Dont worry Stu pot , I will do everything in my power to get it to the open day. It wont be registered by then but I believe Jeans lane is private so all I can say is chocs away and TALLY Ho!!!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 05:52:54 PM »
An Inter with folded in wheels is something I have NEVER seen!
Putting it in the garden walkway is great!

Is there any way to lock the wheels in the folded position as you move it?  If not I suspect they want to flip back out as you push or pull the vehicle.
I know the Reyonnah pulls in it's front wheels easily and they will stay that way pushing it backwards, but as soon as you start moving forwards the wheels want to return to their "normal" state.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 07:07:37 PM »
Hi Jim. The Inter is pretty much the same. Pulling it from behind is easiest, as you say, when pulled forwards they want to spread out again. The average production Inter doesnt fold at the flick of a lever like the launch brochure suggests, the folding idea was droped very early on in production. My one is a very early body [5] and still has the shaft for the release lever. Every Inter I know, of the two half axle veriaty was never fitted with a release mechanism but by removing the wingletts [ axle covers ] and the two retaining bolts, they will fold. My car is equipt with the hydraulic brakes set up [ from a later car] so I had to disconnect the copper pipes for this exercise. Im thinking of using a pair of braided flexible pipes that run from the master cylinder right to the slaves making any disconnections unnecessary. The last thing you want after a lengthy restoration is to get brake fluid on the paintwork! How is that goggo coming along Jim? 

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2008, 11:12:59 AM »
For those who went to Bath over the weekend a great day was had by all, Bobs Inter made it's debut appearance and even the weather failed to put a dampener on things.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:06:37 PM by blob »

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2008, 08:51:31 AM »
Hello Bob. Mike Shepherd told me yesterday about the photos. I know you have been working on your Inter for quite a time, and I have to say well done, it looks fantastic and will be one hell of a lot of fun!
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2008, 09:25:29 AM »
Thanks Marcus. Are you coming to the open day? You can have a closer look.

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2008, 05:53:34 PM »
I am waiting for confirmation of a gig on that w/e, so it is (once again ) unlikely that I will attend, Summer is always a busy time and I miss out on lots of things I want to do! If I can, I will be there! If so i hope it will be fully on the road by then, and put me down for a ride!
I meant to ask about your "proper" reverse gear. Is it normal on an Inter, which I believe has a Riedel engine, or have you fitted a kit-car gear box as used with some motorcycle-engined kits?
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face