Author Topic: Le Carabe; info sought  (Read 2941 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Le Carabe; info sought
« on: July 03, 2008, 04:37:27 PM »
 Well, here it is folks, you know Le Carabe  when you see it,  ;D  but does anyone actully know anything about it? Such as technical & historic details. This here picture here came from Mike Shepherd (naturally!) and I have a copy of Jan de Lange's" Microcars Stories", but there must be more details on it out there somewhere.  Reason for asking; another future project.....  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Le Carabe; info sought
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 06:21:14 PM »
Hi Stuart. I have seen another picture of this car parked standing up on its rear end, apparently thats why it has those three wing tips, they act as a tripod. So Stu pot, you fancy one of these now do you?

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:40:33 PM »
So Stu pot, you fancy one of these now do you?

Stu pot ?!!!  :o  Blimey, I haven't been called that since I were seven! Mind you, folk tend to call me other names these days....   :'(

Le Carabe; You know me Bob, the odder the better....   ;D

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 07:10:25 PM »
This one looks like a sidecar without a motorbike.  ;D
Yep mates, the odder the better. Thats it !

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 03:17:41 PM »
Hi Stuart. I have a pal up my road wth a pair of vintage Singers, he buys the Automobile mag every month and when consumed he posts them through my door. One popped through this morning with an article called small is beautiful about the worlds smallest car and much to my suprise the Carobe is mentioned with some info and photos ect. Dont rush out and buy it, you can have this copy. I can give it to you at the open day or if you want it earlier I can post it to you. Or have you already got it? Cheers, Bob

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 03:53:54 PM »
 :-[  Oops, I've just realiased I forgot to mention that Automoblie article as being the reason why I asked about Le Carabe in the first place. I found the article whilst browsing the newsagents after work on Friday & bought the mag on the spot.  Also just reliased I forgot to mention to Mike Shepherd that the Numbers Car & his Beaulieu stand appere in the background of a photo on page 5 of the same issue!

Many thanks for the offer Bob.  :-*

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »
I thought it was a bit of a coincidence, It looks like Mr Worthington Williams know as much or should I say as lttle as we do about Carabe's !