Author Topic: Bamby Sporty  (Read 3255 times)

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
Bamby Sporty
« on: July 03, 2008, 02:49:20 PM »
For sale on ebay Uruguay: Newly restored Bamby Sporty. It seems its a professional dealer and he is selling microcars from time to time. Look at the beautifull looking Isetta ready for shipping.
Nice one anyway.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Other-Makes-EXTREMELY-RARE-AND-RESTORED-BAMBI-PICKUP-SPORTY-1963-BAMBI-PICKUP-SPORTY-MICROCAR-NOT-BMW-ISETTA_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6472QQihZ012QQitemZ220252932485QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
Re: Bamby Sporty
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 04:10:45 PM »
For sale on ebay Uruguay: Newly restored Bamby Sporty. It seems its a professional dealer and he is selling microcars from time to time.

I have a received a number of complaints about this "professional" dealer in Uruguay.
A nice website and nice photos seems to do a good job of snookering people into thinking they are some sort of fancy "professional" operation that follows through.
I know one person that purchased a car from them off eBay a few years ago and it took ALMOST A YEAR to get it!

One thing they seem to do is use a few photos of cars to make you believe they are cranking out restored Microcars.
The email conversations I have copies of show that reality is something different.
Many promises, lots of excuses and lots of delays that are somehow all not the problem of "Spare Parts Collections".
There are people that have turned to me, asking if I can help them because "Spare Parts Collections" has taken their money and stopped communicating after either sending the wrong things or nothing at all.

When I sent them an email, I got infantile replies back telling me I did not know what I was talking about and threatening to sue me if I printed anything that made them look bad!

I have to remember to post something at Microcar.org about them instead of just in the magazine.
Not that anyone will bother to do any research before they send off money to some unknown company in Uruguay!

Look at the beautifull looking Isetta ready for shipping.
Nice one anyway.

That photo is OLD.  It is like a stock photo they have used to show how swell they pack things.
The trouble is, that once packed the thing will sit in the box for quite some time before you ever see it.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 04:31:07 PM »
Dear Jim

Thanks for those wise words

Chris Thomas

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 05:08:32 PM »
Where is the cover seal which fits round the spark plug?  Where is the locking bracket on the Bing slide ring lid? 

Minor details perhaps but simply illustrates all that glitters is not gold...

I would avoid (notwithstanding Jims wise words..)
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 12:37:34 PM »
Thanks Jim for your informations. I thought he is a suspect vendor.
Well, we'll always find people like this in the www.

Scootacar_mk1

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 09:48:59 PM »
nice looking micro tho! - doesnt look real in them photo's!
Cream Mk1 Scootacar