Author Topic: Bamby Engine  (Read 21292 times)

Trident

• Quite Chatty
Re: Bamby Engine
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2006, 01:42:36 PM »
The Bamby was fitted with a small car type battery as the electrical output required is more than the Roadie moped.  The Bamby Mk11 has twin headlights and all had twin rear lights so this would put more strain on a standard moped battery.

robbie2flippers

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 03:06:31 PM »
Hi All,
Have a look at  www.mdsbattery.co.uk  They have batteries for almost everything! Including 12v VARTA batteries for motorcycles etc.,  various sizes and amperages. Hope this helps.   Bob. ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »
You need a small car battery, somthing like a reliant battery amphours  is not so important so long as its a car one and fits .

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2006, 06:48:20 PM »
Bob Cotton wrote a very detailed article on the Bamby  in RUMCAR NEWS  Sprinng 1993 as  he prepared one for his for his son to drive.  He lists all sorts of bits and pieces he found for it.  Try making contact with him at bobcotton2000@yahoo.com he is still a great enthusiast and I am sure he will help if he can.  Failing that Alan Evans is  still around but I am afraid I don't have his current email contact.  Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 10:32:47 PM »
About the speedo cable, you can get one made up if you have a pattern by either Johnston cables or Speedy cables. You can find the addresses on the net.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 06:27:45 PM »
That issue is out of print I am afraid but I will send you a photocopy of the article.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bambyman

• Occasional
    • Manx Transport Museum Group
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 02:03:44 PM »
Thanks Jean, got the post. Story is a bit sad, but, it needant have been. It looks like finances were the only problem. With the right backing i still think that the job could be a small success. Especially with some of todays standards of engine and production. I refuse to write the project off. It does seem it was a 'project'. But, professional manurfacturers could produce a similar cars with thier better insight and knowledge on the work load.

I hope it inspires someone!

Cable is beening proccessed.

Thanks Bambyman

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2006, 10:17:34 PM »
Bambyman,

I get Newsround.

I've just read part one of the Peel story. Fantastic piece. Mirrors the talk that Mr Gelling gave at the school in July '06.   I just noticed if you look hard enough at the Two Strokes P50 ad showing DMH500A you'll see another unreg'd P50 sitting in the showroom. Wonder if it lives? We'll never know. It could be EME.

Part two is all about the P50. Part three the Trident.  I can't wait!   

I also hope to be taking both my Peels to Peel next July 22nd.  Seems it's now the yearly Peel get-together.

Top stuff   
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bambyman

• Occasional
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2006, 09:45:55 AM »
Hi P50, yeah, the Peel Rally is moving on really. It took off when Gordon brought his P50 over 3 rallies ago. The the knockon was 20 Peels the next year and the stamps this last year along with 8 Peels. It would be good for Peels to get together every year.The late Henry Kissacks daughter is supposed to be bringing her Viking Sport next year, i just hope that Mr. Hanson brings his as well.

I also hope that our next project can be unveiled at the 2007 (the platform and coach).

Wish i could get Bamby running for it aswell. Its having a job firering up...and starting a new job soon so my time is going to be really taken up. Bambyman

what do you think of the yamaha dragstar?

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2006, 01:15:47 PM »
It's easy for Mr Hanson to attend the rally's as he's an inhabitant of the island!   Since the steampacket company has been taken over it seems prices have really leaped to come over from the mainland. Thieves!

Nonetheless I'll try my best to take the Peels over in '07

I've just Googled the Yamaha dragstar. Not really my bag. looks like a harley type of machine. I like bonsai machinery..
-Benvenuto Cellini

robbie2flippers

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2006, 02:48:24 PM »
It's easy for Mr Hanson to attend the rally's as he's an inhabitant of the island!   Since the steampacket company has been taken over it seems prices have really leaped to come over from the mainland. Thieves!

Nonetheless I'll try my best to take the Peels over in '07

I've just Googled the Yamaha dragstar. Not really my bag. looks like a harley type of machine. I like bonsai machinery..

PRICES LEAPT UP!  JUST LIKE PEELS THEN.

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2006, 07:05:52 PM »
This is true.  Not quite up to Christies heights though.

Best you start saving  ;D
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bambyman

• Occasional
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2006, 07:10:25 PM »
Yeah he's a resident, but, the year before Gordon brought his P50 over, N Hanson was going to bring his P50 and Trident and then pulled out at the last minute. He said he didn't want to get them wet...now the local press are in on it though, adds to the occasion and he's been to the last 3.....just hope it doesn't rain in 2007

robbie2flippers

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2006, 07:37:12 PM »
This is true.  Not quite up to Christies heights though.

Best you start saving  ;D

I don't want any more. Two was enough in 1976.    MHX 90C & EME 583B.