Author Topic: MACCHINETTE - Italian Microcar Exhibition  (Read 29595 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: MACCHINETTE - Italian Microcar Exhibition
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 10:26:25 PM »
On the early cars the number is stamped on the body work under the engine cover, just lift up the engine cover and you will see the number punched on the vertical piece just below the hinges and also on the matching piece of the engine cover its self but you have to get your head under it to see this. Sometimes it is hard to find this because it gets filled with the paint.  If it is a late car there is actually a chassis plate with all the details of the car, this will be on the rear bulkhead just below the fuel tank. I hope you understood all that Francy! I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers, Bob

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 10:30:15 PM »
Well Donald, That sounds like two cars in original paint with different wings on them, looks like you were right and I was wrong, seems quite likely now that the factory made some like this, I would love to find out when they made them and maybe Francy's chassis number will give us a clue. I'm off to bed now with a cup of tea and a very big slice of humble pie!

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 11:08:11 PM »
 I've been following all these topics & snippits on Inters, and I think I'm becoming an Inter fan! Bob, get yours to the next Open Day forthwith & let me have a good gawpe at one!  :o

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 09:23:50 AM »
Congratulations Francesco, i am happy a microcar enthusiast owning this fabulous inter now. I remember calling on the phone the seller : he told me it was his father's car, and i could hear in the phone the father saying loud "it is a messerschmitt inter" ! Funny !

Bob, yes, my father and i saw all the colours you said, and we saw too 5 dark blue inters, so perhaps was it an original colour (Gilles did not repaint it i think, except the wheels, which was a good idea i think !)
Red is only on one we saw, and we don't know if it is original or not. I am sure some day we will have mor informations on the production with this obscure car, evrything is possible : i have heard speaking about a guy who have find in a house all blue prints, some spare parts and documents about the "Helica". Considering the Helica was produced in the 20's, and that the guy found all this stuff in 2005 i think, we must be patient some more years for the Inter story !! The problem with the inter is that we don't have any family name involved in the production, so it is hard to find patents or a family house with many treasures inside !
Avolette, Messerschmitt, Solyto, Autobianchi Eden-Roc, ROLUX 125

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 09:32:22 AM »
Hi Stuart. It will be there registered or not and we will drive it down Jeans lane legally or illegally and you can gawpe till your hearts content! Thats a promise so long as its not raining, I dont want it filling up with water on its first day out! Can you see though Stuart how all the confusion starts with these cars, most companys design a car and build a few hundred before changing anything at all , these guys changed things on a daily basis from day one as the mood took them and all this through a production run of less than three hundred cars. After a while one learns that its dangerous to assume anything at all, I suppose its because of the hand built nature of the cars and the fact that they had not made cars before. Stuart, as you are in club joining mode you could always join Club Ydral but the mag is all in French as one would expect.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:34:55 AM by bobbybubble »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 09:39:26 AM »
Bonjour Donald! So Dark blue is also on the list! Have you spoken to Gilles recently? He is a hard man to track down. Another thing I ment to tell you, you know the Inter badge that goes on either side of the nose? Well when I had number five's body striped down to bare metal there were no holes in the metal for these badges, Gilles gave me a pair or badges from another car so I fitted them anyway, so it seams that the first cars didnt have this badge. Looking at the cars outside the factory photo I cannot see the badge on these cars either.Or am I jumping to conclusions again?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 09:58:34 AM by bobbybubble »

Avolette

• Occasional
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 09:51:31 AM »
No, it is very rare for me to see or speak with Gilles . I still receive his best wishes card each year but he has i think a big agenda and i too ! In fact we all have many things to do and it doesn't prevent time to go on !
Stuart, if you become an Inter fan, you must be a good guy, it's sure !
Avolette, Messerschmitt, Solyto, Autobianchi Eden-Roc, ROLUX 125

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »
Hi Francy, I hope you have looked in again on us . I have posted some pictures to show you where to find the chassis number on your car the first picture has arrow showing the position for the stamped numbers on an early car. The second shows position of chassis plate for a later car. Hope this helps. Regards Bob.   I give up trying to post the second pic, its just not having it. Francy , I have emailed both pictures to you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:25:39 PM by bobbybubble »

inacoma

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 08:30:39 PM »
Hi Bob

Your Inter is a little gem, looks mint after your hard work.

So Francy seeing your forum user name, do you have a Mivalino?

This is a very interesting rare car

John

mivalino

• Just Starting
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2008, 04:46:52 PM »
hi  John yes i have more than one and in this period i am trying  to refine my collection with cars i have not in swap with the ones i have double or triple.
ciao
francy

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2008, 10:53:48 PM »

Near where I live, someone sold a very poor condition MESSERSCHMITT on Ebay it sold for a lot of money for the condition, the buyers id. on ebay says mivalino and they are all the way from Italy.

Do you think this car is a Mivalino or are the buyers just crazy, the dates are wrong for a Mivalino if the seller has the right date?

So if an eBay user named ISETTA had been the High Bidder, would you be asking if that buyer thought the Messerschmitt was an Isetta?

Also- the Buyer's eBay ID is not "Mivalino", it is MYMIVALINO
I know this buyer and I am quite certain he knows that he purchased a Messerschmitt KR200 that needs restoration.

inacoma

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2008, 10:58:29 PM »
Hi Jim

I just thought I may have missed something.

I am new to this but even I realised the car wasn't an Isetta

John ;)

jean-do

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2008, 06:25:20 AM »
hi bubblecars addicts,
looking at that topic, i read about your great inter interest !
i remeber the red one at "la clayette" museum, bought&sold immediatly by sharks ...it was in 1986, i was still inter's fan, but not as serious as today , to "peel it off" conciensiously ! and unfortunatly, it was not for sale at this time.
may i remind you about our frech bubblecars rally , and the guest bubblecars ; THE INTER ! we'll have from 5 to 10 inter on display during this weekend , ( unfortunately not Bobby's one  ! don't you have a friend that can comes with it ?)..(inter's owner will sleep for free at our special inter sponsor  ' hotel :" Le Moulin Rouge ***" for free  !!
don't miss that biennal meeeting ! shows, dioramas, gastronomic food & good wine  ,special bubblecars swap meet , and a lot of bbls, triporteurs  & scooters to see ...

hurry up to be registred !all infos on http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com  !!
"Bubblecars & Scooters en Bourgogne" president
scooters & microcars addict since 1985
http://bubblecars.aero-jean-do.com
next edition : 28-30 august 2018 : ROLUX special edition !!