Author Topic: Bubble Car Museum Cars for Auction.  (Read 29321 times)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
Re: Bubble Car Museum Cars for Auction.
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
I think the Bond mkB sold to a Japanise guy living in London.

mharrell

• Quite Chatty
    • An Accumulation
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »
     I got the KV.  Unless there's an astonishingly clandestine group of enthusiasts somewhere, I assume this gives me the world's largest collection:  two.  Actually, I suspect I was already tied for the world's largest collection at one.  The price suggests that at least one other person was bidding-- I'd be delighted to discuss KV lore if it was anyone reading this.

Mike Harrell
197? Lyman Electric Quad (two), 1978 KV Mini 1, 1980 KV Mini 1, 1981 HMV Freeway

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
  • Peel owners club of Germany
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »
Just found out, not less than 8 cars are going to Thailand, as, there is another microcar museum.
Folks, we should keep our cars in our hands !!!!

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2008, 06:43:24 PM »
Just found out, not less than 8 cars are going to Thailand, as, there is another microcar museum.
Folks, we should keep our cars in our hands !!!!

What do you mean "our" hands?  You are in Germany, the auction was in the UK.

You want to control what someone else in another country does with their property?

If so, you should have spoken with the folks at the Bubblecar Museum and convinced them not to allow bidders outside of whatever list of "accepted" persons or countries you have on a list someplace.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2008, 07:10:15 PM »
yes it would be quite easy for us to say how wrong it is that you have 2 peels in germany,but we dont.

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2008, 07:26:17 PM »
Sorry Jim, you got me wrong. i meant it is sad a microcar museum is canceled. Doesn't matter what country it is.
I do apologize for the misunderstanding.
Ferdi

Peelpower

• Prolific Poster
    • www.kabinenroller.de
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2008, 07:48:57 PM »
yes it would be quite easy for us to say how wrong it is that you have 2 peels in germany,but we dont.

Hmm, and how many Messerschmitts for example are within the Uk???
Seems im not welcome on this forum anymore !!!
No Problem at all. I'll be quiet.
All the best,

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2008, 08:12:37 PM »
 Come on Jim & Daniel, that attack was a bit uncalled for to my mind.  I can see full well what Ferdi meant, & it wasn't that!

On other subjects, Artura seems to be popping up more & more often. He's bought no less than five invalid carriages in the past three months & I strongly suspect he bagged a sixth that day. There's no point in being all King Canute about it, in a free market, the cars will end up where they will.   In the case of conveyances, if they have to go overseas to be safe (and belive me, they are still not yet so in the UK) then I'll carry them to the docks myself whatever my personal opnions on them going.

End of arguement. Ferdi, get yourself back here pronto.....

Jawmedead

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2008, 08:33:37 PM »
Why is there all this bickering on this forum? What does it matter in which country the cars are or going to, at least they should be looked after. After all as with most objects of desire in this world the human race is only the custodian of the objects in their lifetime.  Yes Ferdi, stay on the forum, after all you were the Peel man on the pages of Rumcar News for years. Rob.D.  ;D

P50

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 09:03:42 PM »
I agree with Ferdi.

It's a shame when cars are sold for export. It means the chance of them being at UK shows is gone. If all cars go then what?

What cars will new blood aquire if they're all exported?

Whilst the lions share of Peels are still UK ceded I'm happier knowing they're going nowhere.  I'm also content in knowing I actually brought a Trident back to UK shores.   

Free market and all that but how can anyone (save the owner) be happy knowing these things are exported?
"Men of worth act like men of worth, and men of genius, who produce
things beautiful and excellent, shine forth far better when other people
praise them than when they boast so confidently of their own achievements."
-Benvenuto Cellini

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2008, 09:25:13 PM »
This one has always been an emotive topic and we will probably never all agree on it , I think Jim completely misread Ferdi's comment and even if he didn't Ferdi is quite at liberty to express his opinion. I've always found that an apology pours oil on troubled waters.

Inaheinkel

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2008, 10:25:59 PM »
Hi Bob

Thanks for the great work representing us there and listing everything.

No real bargaind as far as I can see.

I was quite interested to see how yhe Prinz's did, ( quite like them)

As far as all this carp ( I am a bit dislexkik) about things being bought to go abroad, there are probably more people in the U.K who keep going to Europe etc and buying cars than the other way arond anyway.

It's a global market now as everyone keeps saying.

John

;D
Heinkel Kabine, Cursor

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »
Hi John. I think NSU's are still very underpriced, I drove a prinz 600 saloon a while back and was very impressed.

Dan Rodd

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2008, 05:54:33 PM »
the way it was written to me implied that it was wrong that the cars were going to thailand.sorry if i misread it.hardly an attack tho.
a lot of messerschmitts in this country were imported here new.
thats not the same with peels.

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #29 on: October 20, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
a lot of messerschmitts in this country were imported here new.
thats not the same with peels.

When you think about it, it is just the same actully.  When I was on the island, it was quite noticeble that most Manx-born folk took great troubles to point out that they were not English, they were Manx By that same dint, Peels are not English. Peels are Manx. To have came to England, they had to be exported from the Isle of Man.

In fact, if you look at the satistics, all bar one single solitiry Peel left the Island via England. Only roughly a third(?) or so of the total sum of Messerschmitts came here. Therefore the figures state that a far greater proportion of Peels were exported here new than Messerschmitts. 

We could argue about Peels & exporting all day long (& often do on this forum) but in the end it's just like arguing about religion. It's all things to all people & all the arguements can be twisted this way, that way & coming back on itself depending what point we want to prove at any particular time.

Think about it....    ;)