Author Topic: Horizontally Opposed Engine  (Read 12152 times)

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
Re: Horizontally Opposed Engine
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2008, 12:37:11 PM »
Dear Bob

Good to see you and all the other lads (Lads!!!) at the farm. As we speak, I expect that Jean is trying to get music out of the CD on her CD player, and wondering why the sound is a bit inter-mittent!!!

Perhaps Leslie can dowse out the whereabouts of the CD with her newly found dowing skills.

If it does not turn up, send me your full address and I will burn another one for you.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2008, 06:17:46 PM »
Thanks Chris, I would rather you didnt burn it though, thats what we used to do with old 78's, melt them over the gas stove and make fruit bowls out of them!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »
Hi again Chris. Just returned from the weekly shop and spotted the lost CD poking out from under the carpet in the car boot, no need to set fire to another CD. Now I'm going to take a look.

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2008, 05:11:30 PM »
Dear Bob

I hope the photos of the Inters are of interest. I

have not enquired sooner as some didicois (I hope that is how you spell it), stole half a mile of main telephone cable near me on Tuesday night and I have been telephone and broadband less until now.

If you need to keep in contact, lock your manholes (!) as they say.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2008, 08:43:02 PM »
Yes, very usefull Chris , many thanks. I have seen pix of the cars before but not close up like your ones. Pierricks white one is serverly modified isnt it! The mud gaurds will never fit over those extended nieman ring hangers, I think he will have to change it back to original spec. Glad you are back on line. In furtherance to our chat about levels last week take a look at the one I'm currently selling on fleabay, this is a three leveling screw base model, a little later than yours but has the center compass as well as its tripod.   Cheers, Bob   http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170277327494&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=007
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 03:52:01 PM by Bob Purton »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2008, 02:48:14 PM »
Dear Bob

Thanks for the link. I see what you mean.

Chris T