Author Topic: A publication on sale at last from Stuart Cyphus  (Read 7704 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
A publication on sale at last from Stuart Cyphus
« on: September 08, 2006, 02:49:29 PM »
                          :o                           :o                                      :o

AN INTRODUCTION TO INVALID CARRIAGES
                     ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

This 28-page private publication, written by stuart Cyphus, of the Register of Unusual Microcar's Invalid Carriage Register, is now avalible for sale.

Charting every type of powered invalid three-wheeler produced in the UK from the 1920s to the 1970s, this publication is the first new work on the subject for twenty-one years.

Priced at £3 per copy (postage FREE), copies are avalible from Stuart Cyphus, 6 Mirfield Road, Witney, Oxfordshire, OX28 5BA.

Any reviews or comments, good or bad, from those who have already bought a copy????

:o                                               :o                                              :o
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 03:29:52 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
Re: A publication on sale at last from Stuart Cyphus
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 04:39:28 PM »
I have a copy of Stuart's publication and can recommend it to anyone interested in microcars, even those who remain to be convinced about this area of our transport heritage.  No names, no pack drill! 

Stuart has done a marvellous job with his well-researched and nicely written and illustrated booklet.  It's a fascinating insight into the subject and should be on the book shelf of every microcar enthusiast.

Thenks again, Stuart, and well done!

Nick Patel-Devonport.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.

robbie2flippers

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 08:44:03 PM »
Thumbs up for Stuart. :D This is a great little work with many more makes of  trikes than I knew of. I love the early open models. A forerunner of those large V8 trikes?! I agree with Patel or is it Petal? :-* " Everyone into microcars should have this publication in their library. To the doubters, look on page 8, Trilox to you!  Great one Stuart.    Robbie. ;D
PS. I'm only one flipper now!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:47:28 PM by robbie2flippers »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 03:30:09 AM »
Allright Allright!! Ill buy one but when it comes to abusive sounding microcar names I would rather say "Rolux!!!" :)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 03:39:57 AM by bobbybubble »

robbie2flippers

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 10:11:34 AM »
Hello Bob P. What Mk. is your Acedes? I have many  instruction books on the various models. Can I offer you one free to go with your free trike? Or do you have one secreted in your library? Bob D. ;D

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 07:38:10 PM »
Well thats jolly civil of you dear boy! I would love a free manual. I did have one but I gave it to Stuart earlier in the year, silly me! According to the chassis plate its a Mark11. Actually strictly speaking it cost me four quid because of getting the car and trailer through the Dartford tunnel there and back! But to hell with the expense!

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 05:15:29 PM »
Hello Bob (as in Purton), If you fancy the copy you gave me back, just mention the fact, its no problem to dig it out again for you as its still sat on the side of my desk in the "pending" tray....

Whilst I'm here, might I ask how you came by your original Acedes that is now in America? Just I've managed to turn up a photo of it sat on the racks in Heywood stores in January 1996. Basically, how did it get from Heywood to you and when? (my email adress is sgc392@yahoo.co.uk if you dont want the details splached all over the forum!)

All the best

Stuart

robbie2flippers

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 01:50:40 PM »
Hallo Stuart, Have you thought about contacting Shire Publications to see if they would be interested in publishing a Shire Album of Invalid Carriages? They seem to have published every subject you can think of except carriages.  Best Wishes.  Rob. ;D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
Hello, yes, I did contact them a couple of years ago, but they, like everyone else, wern't intrested. hence the D.I.Y route.

Still trying to find your birthplace......

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 06:53:36 PM »
hello folks, thought I'd add a bit more to this discussion, just to keep it in the public eye  :o and all that.

For those who like statistics, (how about 48, 28, 48?  ;D) I have to date sold 95 copies, including 22 to America. An order is recived, on average, once every 4 days. Right here right now I am currently bagging up 12 copies, representing the orders recived in the last three days alone.

Come on everyone, get your orders in, so I can grow rich, retire at the age of twenty-six, buy 500 acres somewhere to breed three-wheelers and write about it forevermore.  ;D

You never know, you might even get the 100th copy!!!!  :o :o :o
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 02:25:01 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

inacoma

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 08:47:10 PM »
Hi Stuart

Go on then, I will have a copy as you are offering free use of a girl with a 48 28 48 figure in with the price.

Do you have Paypal ? if so you can send me an invoice to vandjjohnson@aol.com and I will transfer the next instalment of your first million.

If not, email your address and I will send off one of those old fashioned cheque thingys.

I think the next book from someone has to be microcars of the 60's,70's and 80's as this is an area not yet covered in such detail as the older models.

John

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 10:41:31 PM »
Righty-ho then John, I am just now preceeding to bill you via Pay Pal. Once that's seen to have cleared, your copy shall be posted forthwith.

Anyone else want a copy? Payment can now be taken in cash, cheque, Pay Pal or Peel P50s (at their 1974 price!  ;D)

inacoma

Re: Good stuff
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 09:18:35 PM »
Hi Stuart

Like the book, I am impressed, clear and interesting even for total novices of the Invalid cars.

Whats the next book going to be about?

John

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2007, 02:25:46 PM »
Once again, a post from me to keep this topic at the top of the pile......    ;D

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2007, 07:01:02 PM »
Dear Stuart

Your cunning plan has worked again.

The cheque is in the post.

One day I will get around to registering my Elswick with you.

Chris Thomas