Author Topic: 2nd caption contest  (Read 6005 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
2nd caption contest
« on: November 05, 2008, 01:13:37 PM »
 You've started something you know that don't you Bob.....

Right, here's another picture for you all to flex your arebic wit on.  Mega bonus points on offer to anyone who can also identify the vehicle, make AND model. I know what it is (Well I would wouldn't I  ;D) Do you?....

marcus

• Prolific Poster
    • http://marcusdemowbray.wordpress.com/
Re: 2nd caption contest
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 01:49:44 PM »
" Just you wait right there, Madam. First you exceed the 10 mph speed limit, then you knock me off my bike, then you run over my legs and squash them, and now you try to do a runner without even telling me what make and model of conveyancer you are driving! Who do you think you are, Davros? "
Just remember: as one door closes behind you, another slams in your face

Jawmedead

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 02:06:28 PM »
Hello, Hello, Hello. This is my old Mum. Evelyn Hall. !!!! ;D

Don't get it? His Dad was called Albert Hall. The cops name is Nick Hall.  Remember Dixon of Dock Green?  Evening All !
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:25:01 PM by Jawmedead »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Dear Stuart

Caption 1

One day all Policemen will drive around in Panda cars just like mine.

Caption 2

The high speed motor persuit course never included how to ride a push bike.

Caption 3

Excuse me Madam, but does your personal carriage have a buit in commode I could use?

Chris Thomas

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2008, 12:27:32 PM »
Hold it right there Madam! I happen to believe that you have Osama Bin Laden hiding in there!

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 12:42:47 PM »
"After I clean me pants, you and your Runnymead are coming with me. "
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

marcus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2008, 01:57:51 PM »
Is it a Runnymead then, pretty good, Cuscus, but what year, model, spark plug gap?!

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2008, 01:59:50 PM »
Thats a great photo Stuart, you didnt tell me your dad was a copper! Here's my stab....

" Thank goodness you stopped, I had my braces hooked round your hood frame!"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2008, 02:08:34 PM by Bob Purton »

Jawmedead

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2008, 02:10:21 PM »
"Now look here Mrs Stanley we don't give Victory salutes in Runnymede!"    ;D

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2008, 02:34:15 PM »
Is it a Runnymead then, pretty good, Cuscus, but what year, model, spark plug gap?!

If it is a Runnymede, then that's the model, the make is of course Argson by Stanley, the year between then and now, and the gap is 24 thou.   The tail end does look too long unless it's the all-weather kit making it so.  Help!!! Stuart?????

"Now look here Mrs Stanley we don't give Victory salutes in Runnymede!"    ;D
  Nice touch Jawmedead.
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »

If it is a Runnymede, then that's the model, the make is of course Argson by Stanley, the year between then and now, and the gap is 24 thou.   The tail end does look too long unless it's the all-weather kit making it so.  Help!!! Stuart?????

Nowhere near alas, try moving up the country a little, more towards the midlands, before you get sent there. (There's some clues for a start as to what company this is!)   Mind you, this model is just a little bit of an obscurity. It's mentioned in "An Intro...." (twice) but not pictured....    Today, there are NONE known to exist except within this photo!

Jawmedead

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2008, 03:10:18 PM »
Is it M.O.H. Model 39A or 39B. Tippen Convalite, 70cc or 150cc?

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
Is it M.O.H. Model 39A or 39B. Tippen Convalite, 70cc or 150cc?

We have a correct idenity! Yes folks, this is a Tippen Convalite, built for just a few short months in 1954-55 between the end of production of the Tippen Coventry and the introduction of the Tippen Delta.  Invacar Ltd had cornered the Ministry market in factury-built full (ish) weather protection in 1952 with the Invacar Mk 8, and the Convalite was Tippen's reply but on a slightly smaller scale.  Somewhere I've got the write-up for this picture, but from memory this was from a newspaper report of about 1956 where the lady had broken bown and the policeman had taken it upon himself to see her safely home by pushing her every flippin' foot of the way. No wonder he looks so knackered......