Author Topic: 1956 Cyclemaster Harding Model C - The Most absurd 3-Wheeler ever made?  (Read 10622 times)

blob

• Prolific Poster
Re: 1956 Cyclemaster Harding Model C - The Most absurd 3-Wheeler ever made?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
Cheap as chips! I hope you have something left at the end of it.  :-\

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2008, 12:14:49 PM »
I hope there is enough of it left to sprinkle some salt and vinigar on! If there is nothing under all the rust I will have to send the boys round to see the scallywag I bought it from!

piatti

• Chatty
    • Rollermobilclub Schweiz
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2008, 10:12:07 AM »
He is welcome to them! Except for the Piatti scooter, I love those and would really like to own one.

I do have a Piatti. The scooter is very unusal indeed, but also very useless on the road. The tiny 7-inch wheels combined with the short wheelbase make it funny but dangerous to drive. A belgian scooter collector told me that the scooter was banned from the road after tree dead accidents in the first weeks. Therefore all the beligian piattis you find have just very few kilometers on the clock.

Here picture of my piatti (Cyclemaster Modell 1956), as you can see, some mecanical attention is always needed to keep this scooter on the road

If anyone has a spare exaust for a piatti, please let me know...

Rollermobilclub Schweiz
www.rollermobilclub.ch

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »
Hi Piatti. Lovely looking scooter and the Piatti is nice too! I see that maintenance is child's play! I cant help you with the exhaust but was hoping you could help me with something, the aluminium strip with the red plastic insert on your Piatti front bumper, do you know where I can get that profile from? I need a couple of long lengths of it for a car. I didn't know Piattis were that bad on the road! I still want one though.  Regards, Bob