Author Topic: What Is It? (logo)  (Read 3566 times)

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
What Is It? (logo)
« on: November 29, 2008, 06:53:22 PM »
someone who did not have a camera wants to know what this car is, so they drew the logo and then faxed it to me.
The car is out in a field in KANSAS, USA

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
Re: What Is It? (logo)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:17:48 AM »
Hello Jim:  It is the emblem of an Autobianchi.  Any more info on the car?  I will take a photo tomorrow of the emblem and e-mail to you.  The earlier Bianchina's used this but the later A112's used a more stylized A, but even these did have this somewhere, maybe on handbook. If it's on the nose it most likely will be a Bianchina, but there are over 30 different styles and types (very similar though) from 55 though 70.  I think mine also has it on the rear as well as in the steering wheel center.  If they lift up the front hood, bonnet to you pommies, and look on the firewall on the top left hand side just to the left of the fuel tank, there will be some imbossed numbers.  This will tell the year, series and type.  I can decipher it for you (I hope).   Ian.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:22:06 AM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

Jim Janecek

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 03:56:52 AM »
I thought it was Autobianchi but could not find a reference to validate it, plus it gave me a good excuse to post something here.

Denis

• Occasional
    • http://www.microcarfan.com
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 07:33:20 AM »

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 07:18:07 PM »

Here's a photo of the emblem on my 1960 Bianchina Trasformabil Series 2.  The chap did an excelent job in sketching it freehand. Ian

:)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 07:52:05 PM by cuscus47 »
AC, Acoma, Argsons, Arola, Batricars, Bianchina, Carter, Citroens, Cushmans, Dafs, ElectricPal, ElectricShopper, Elswick, Eshelman, Everest, Goggo, Harding, Invacar, Levesons, Lloyd, Marketeer, Model 70's (AC, Invacar), Nelcos, Poirier, Reliants, Renaults, Sinclairs,Trabant, Trilox, Tippen etal

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 07:20:32 PM »
Whoops, don't know why it came so large, my apologies.  I'll try to downsize it.

cuscus47

• Quite Chatty
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 07:50:36 PM »

Finally, had a hard time resizing for some reason.