Author Topic: Rumcar Celebration Weekend 2009  (Read 33350 times)

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
Re: Rumcar Celebration Weekend 2009
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 09:17:59 PM »
 Its real, being a Mitsuoka MC-1 from Japan. By amazing coincidance I bought a brousure for these on eBay last month....   ;D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250360954764

Jawmedead

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2009, 09:22:41 PM »
Well I never. Is there no end to your expertise Stuart. You clever old stick. Thanks  :-*

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2009, 09:33:11 PM »
 And now the main question is; are there any in the UK & will any turn up at the big weekend?   :)

Jawmedead

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2009, 09:37:04 PM »
And the second question is: Have you sent in your invitation form for entering your vehicle?

There's only FOUR months to go!!!!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 09:45:09 PM by Jawmedead »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 11:52:38 PM »
I just looked at the list of cars registered to attend the event, I think its 24 so far and some sound quite interesting, for instance its been a long time since I saw an AF Spider. Also looking forward to seeing the triking. Neither are microcars but what the heck! I'm hopeing the best is to come. What do you think of the list so far?

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 11:19:02 AM »
I was interested to see Bob P's comments on the attending cars.  We hope that there will be a wide spectrum of cars coming.  At the moment all those booked in are on the Register, as we have over the years bent the rules a little if the vehicle was nearly a micro but very interesting.  That does not mean your car has to be on the Register to attend, but no doubt by the end of the weekend it will be after all it only costs £1 to put a car on the Register.  We have made contact with a lot of people who we know have interesting vehicles that we would love to see even if they are not in pristine condition.,  However, please []don't wait to be inviited make contact with us, unfortunately we have a pre-booking system to gauge what facilities we need to provide and space could become a problem with 'spur of moment' arrivals.  So please book your spot as soon as you can - the more unusual the microcar the better- pristine condition not essential .What about a Triporter or two or even some of the more modern micros that have been written about in RUMCAR NEWS like the G-whizz or the City-El.  Just may be we can persuade some of Continental friends to join us bringing with them some gem that we have never seen in Kent before.  Please give it some thought we would love to see anyone who wants to celebrate 25 years (ans still going strong) of RUMCARS just make contact through the web site www.rumcarcelebration.co.uk first    I am looking forward to meeting both old and new friends in July.
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2009, 03:14:52 PM »
And now the main question is; are there any in the UK & will any turn up at the big weekend

I saw one for sale at Beaulieu a few years back, so there's at least one in the UK. To be honest it's not my cup of tea, but I suppose it's a case of whatever floats your boat.

Jean

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Poster
    • www.rumcars.org
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
Its real, being a Mitsuoka MC-1 from Japan. By amazing coincidance I bought a brousure for these on eBay last month....   ;D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250360954764

Stuart why don't you have ago a finding the one seen at Beaulieu and get the owner to bring it to the Celebration Weekend?  Now there's a challenge!   Jean
Jean
Register of Unusual Microcars

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 10:59:59 PM »
Has anybody looked at the list of attending vehicles and there owners lateley, there is either some kind of error on the page or someone is having a laugh! All the vehicles and owners are jumbled up, all of a sudden I own a TG500 [not that I'm complaining mind!], Norbert Mylius has suddenly aquired an Inter Torpedo, Mike webster now is the proud owner of a Wrigley electric chair, Ken Kimber owns a P50,  and the fun goes on!  Looks like the event is going to be a swap meet! :D :D :D

Stuart Cyphus

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:37:42 PM »
 Is it your computer gone funny Bob? Cus the list makes sense by mine! Pity really, for one exciting moment I thought the list was going to show me as a Model 70 owner again.....  :'(   Mind you, I'm sure if you asked Norbert nicely he really wouldn't mind suddenly being an Inter Torpedo owner!  ;)

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 12:17:21 PM »
Hi Stuart.You are right as usual! Last night I was using my wife's PC which has a special wide screen for her ancestry research, it appears to play havoc with the layout of other sites like the forum! I checked back on my own machine and all was normal. I just looked again on hers and there is more gobbledygook, I'm now down for bringing a Invacar model 70, now we both know that cant be right!! Sorry you will not be at Jeans tomorrow, a lame excuse though, are you sure it was not the mention of ditch digging that put you off?  :D :D :D See you next time.   Bob
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 12:19:46 PM by Bob Purton »

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 02:25:15 PM »
Just looked again at the list of cars attending. I didn't notice before but Norbert is not only bringing the Felber but also a Libelle, this is a fantastic microcar which he took to Story 2002, It completely stole the show! At least its looking like there will be a handfull of rare microcars there amongst the commonal garden variety. Oh boy, Tunnocks and rare microcars, I cant wait!!! :-* :-* :-*

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2009, 08:24:11 AM »
And here is a prevew.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 08:38:28 AM by Bob Purton »

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2009, 08:41:48 AM »
Dear Bob

I am sorry to give you some bad news but Norbert is unable to bring both cars  but has promised to bring one. We have suggested that he brings the Libelle but he has not confirmed which car he will bring, hence we have both listed.

Which ever he brings they are both very rare and worth seeing

There are a few more cars to add to the list and I believe one further deletion, so there are still some suprises to come.

Please remember to encourage all your petrol head friends and relatives to visit the Rumcar Celebration web site and encourage them to come to the event and to register before they came.

Two weeks to go and counting.

Chris Thomas

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2009, 12:36:10 PM »
Right, thats it, I'm not coming!! :D :D