Author Topic: Rumcar Celebration Weekend 2009  (Read 33406 times)

jackiep

• Chatty
Re: Rumcar Celebration Weekend 2009
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
Hi All ,
     Can I be the first to post my CONGRATULATIONS to ALL concerned for a really FAB weekend , the weather held , & if you did NOT come you REALLY missed out , & not just TUNNOCKS . Marcus was mentioned & missed by Lots of us , myself included .
    Hope the Gig went well  mate , but it could NOT be as good as the Rumcars weekend .
          It was lovely to meet so many Forum Ledgends in the face as it were .
                       THANKS AGAIN     Jackiep

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 08:41:57 PM »
I just got back and may I be the second to say what a fantastic weekend was had by one and all!!  Just dont mention my white wall tyres!!!  Many thanks to Jean and all the family for being such gracious hosts. I'm now just about to tuck into the box of left over Tunnocks! Yum Yum!!!

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »
yep! what a great weekend, don't worry! You'll be able to check out Bobs whitewalls in the forth coming DVD!

Jawmedead

« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 02:13:31 PM »

Yes, a great weekend meeting Rumcar people. Pity my car's exhaust broke it's back and spoilt the Saturday for me. Also , a shame over a dozen listed cars never arrived.

Thanks for the praise and gifts Jean for the 6-7 year struggle  ;D with Gordon. Also thanks to Jackie for the "Gordon" spanner. I hadn't got that size in my kit.

Rob.

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 07:32:36 PM »
yep! what a great weekend, don't worry! You'll be able to check out Bobs whitewalls in the forth coming DVD!

Dont you dare young Planty!

Chris Thomas

• Administrator
  • Prolific Poster
  • old Banana
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 09:16:38 PM »
Dear Forum Friends

Have you played spot the marshalls avoiding work at the Celebration Weekend?

Just go to the photo gallery on the celebration weekend web site and see Jim Lugsden pretending to be interested in invalid cars and Mike Plant trying to ignore his small shadow.

I gurantee there will be more on the way.

Chris Thomas

blob

• Prolific Poster
« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 09:19:27 PM »
Dont you dare young Planty!

Hmm! If I censored everything there'd be nothing left! :-X I'm already sworn to secrecy concerning which micro bits fit what and what rarities are where etc etc...

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 09:32:11 PM »
There is an old saying " Publish and be damned!" Just go for it!

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »
Hello all
Just like to say thanks for a great weekend .Was nice to meet alot of you ;) It was a great run out on saturday and was good to see all the unusal cars smoking up the roads  ;D.Enjoyed the very late night beer drinking too ...even after the bar closed  ;D ;D

Cheers
Ollie

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2009, 11:35:59 PM »

.Enjoyed the very late night beer drinking too ...even after the bar closed  ;D ;D

Ah yes, such were the high jinks that developed after dark following an unholy hook-up of the combined might of the Peel Mafia & the ICR...   ;)  Just remember though Peel fans, the ICR holds the incriminating blackmailable photos of just WHO was raiding the bar....   ;D  :o

It's now late Monday night & the photos of the weekend are yet to be transferred from the camera, but from the ICR's corner, the weekend's highlights include;

Myself & Ian Hellings traveling up by temperamental Sherpa pick-up & breaking down in the centre lane of the M25 in the middle of the Friday rush hour & causing "several" miles of traffic jams whilst I was under the bonnet whacking the diesel pump with a large stick....     :o

Myself, Ian Hellings & Richard Morley dashing off into the Kent countryside just before the Saturday roadrun & coming back with a freebie Harding Electric carriage we had been offered providing we were prepared to drag it out of the hedge where it had lain for over a decade...    8)

The aforementioned unholy Saturday Night union between the ICR & the Peel Mafia....   ;)

Grant Kearney setting off across the field in pitch dark in his Peel Trident & almost rolling it after launching straight into that ditch which runs right across the field....    ::)

Lining numbers 1, 2, 3 & 4 of the world's four smallest production cars up side by side.....    :o   8)

Bob Dobie & his mate Ernie doing athletics on the back of the Sherpa having "volunteered" to assist loading up the AC All Weather & Harding on the Sunday Afternoon....    :-*

My tent slowly disintergrating ever further as the weekend wore on.....   ::)

How many can you remember?   ;D
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 08:29:28 PM by Stuart Cyphus »

Ollie

• Chatty
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »
Remember mr cyphus in one of the photos you have one of them incriminating beers in your hand ...or is your hand ????? ;D :D

Elvis

• Occasional
    • 3-wheelers.com
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 11:13:26 PM »
My tent slowly disintergrating ever further as the weekend wore on.....   ::)

So that was your tent!  We thought someone had reversed into it!  :o

I'd just like to add that it was a great weekend and we enjoyed it no end so thank you to all those involved for organising it.   :)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:15:32 PM by Elvis »
1961 Reliant Regal Mk VI van

Stuart Cyphus

• Possibly the most fabulous person in the universe....
  • Prolific Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 12:10:09 AM »
 Yep, that was my tent. Things started badly when one of the main poles broke at midnight Friday night, leaving me to prop the roof up with sticks. Then Sunday morning the sun melted the seams & the whole thing split down the middle & up the sides, so Sunday afternoon I jest scooped the whole lot into a wheelbarrow & brought it round to the field to try & pack it away in the Comtesse. I think the roving cameraman planty cought some of this? I  seem for some reason to be gaining a reputation for extreame camping, on the one hand with the amazing disintergrating tent & on the other turning up at the Peel rally in 2005 with the world's smallest micro tent which some folk mistook for two black sacks sewed together....   A big thanks indeed to the top bananna  :-* for taking pity on me for Sunday night & leaving me his pop-up tent for the duration when I was fully preparing to kip on a load of old cardbourd in the hay shed.   

Right then, photos!  Here's four for going on with:-

The ICR's small contribution to the occasion.....

Deep in the Bubble Building, something intresting lurked....

Micro Marshall being persuaded that this is what he wants for next Christmas.....

Guess who got the booby prize....

Bob Purton

• Prolific Poster
    • Inter microcar
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 09:54:43 AM »
NIce pictures Stuart. The story going around was that Ian had reversed into your tent, just a rumour then? My theory is that you fell onto it in an inebriated condition after being lead astray by the hard drinking Peel scientists, after all it is reported that you were holding two pints at a time or is this another rumour? I'm only pulling ya leg! It was good to meet Ian and his wife , they are really nice people. I wonder what the chances are of Jean allowing another two day event at the farm in the future? Maybe a biannual event?

burford57

• The Devonport Collection of Crap and Classics
  • Quite Chatty
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »
You'll all be pleased to know that the booby prize was rapidly rehomed to one of the kids at the rally - on
condition that I took her and her Dad for a spin in the Tuk Tuk!

Seems like everyone had a cracking weekend - looking forward to the next one already.  Thanks to everyone
for putting it together.

Amities a tous et a toutes
Nick D.
Mitsubago L300 camper van, Honda PC50, Mobylette AV32, Mobylette AV92, Motoconfort X7, Moto Graziella Cheeky Boy, Poirier Manulette MS6 invalid trike, Puch Maxi, Raleigh Wisp, VeloSoleX 5000, VeloSoleX 3300, Power Pak, Cyclemaster & Raleigh RM6.